What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
You call that wet?

I couldn't see half that far this afternoon, it's pelting down again.

I don't know what happened to Spring, the last two days were nice but now it's rain and big wind forcast for tomorrow and the rest of the week.:(

Feels like the 1st of Nov. here this morning. 38* and a bit raw. Had the first serious fire in the wood stove. It sure is dark in the morning, not looking forward to standard time though. It always messes me up when we turn the clocks back in the fall. Next Sunday. It is funny the spring changing of the clocks is no problem.

23 degrees when I got up this morning. Heading off to PT, doesn't look much above freezing yet. Brrrr.

Well it's finally decided to warm up. Last week it was cold, even had the fire going. This week it's been up around the high 80's, lots of storms and rain.

Guess it's my turn to sweat. I don't mind, it's been a long and crappy winter.8)

FINALLY getting some rain that might amount to something. Of five of the ponds here on our joined property, two are down to yuk, two are bone dry, only one still has good water.

Hope it continues all day.

Get the sander in!

I had to sand once this year already. An odd hit or miss storm though.

Yup. Besides if you put the plow on it won't snow.

I always laugh at the guys who drive around for 24 hours before the flakes fall with the plow on.

Heh I always take a drive or two with the plow on, just to make sure everything's working good and to get used to it a bit. I cruise the 9.5'V, it's a big plow! Also I like the respect it commands on the road, lol.

Pros only need apply. Lol

Actually I like the extra length alot, it allows me to plow close to things like buildings while still keeping the truck off of them a bit. If that makes any sense?

It makes sense to me. I only have an 8, but wider would be nice to push back the banks without dumping the truck in the ditch.

Eggzactly. As well as every 6 passes or so I've gained a pass on a 8'er. Also in the V it has alot more capacity for scooping. It only sucks a bit in tight little driveways or something but I mostly only do big commercial lots.

Squish, whiteout conditions expect for the Coquihalla tonight, hope some white stuff makes it to the ground out your way, I know how you are itching to have another 45+ days in a row of plowing like in '08.. :P

Back