What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
It's supposed to get nasty today .Rain ,extended high winds .

In a short time I have to run to the lumber yard and get some plywood before the winds hit .That would be hoot ,the wind catches a sheet of plywood and I sail off to Indiana or something .

Snow started this morning, hasn't built up much yet. they say the Turtle Mountains up where I live could get up to a foot tonight. Will make the 80 mile commute interesting in the morning with the 50 mph winds. I suppose it is time, but I am still looking forward to the 50's for the weekend.

We usually slow the winds down a little before we let them go on down to Kansas!!!

Shut up Mike!:P

It is 18F here with a 40MPH breeze! Oh and that white crap is blowin' around!

Cary, you feelin' like a Duck???:D

We got the winds, and HOORAY!!!!!! the rain. I think it was only about 3/4" but that's alot more than we've had in forever.

Electricity was on and off all morning.

It's been dry as a bone here also .I have an idea it will make up for the lack of precipitation in the snowfall this winter .

I learnt a new term today while working with my FM radio muffs...."Weather bomb". The weather man says one is coming our way tomorrow, part of that system that caused the tornadoes down in the southern states yesterday. We're getting high winds lots of rain and snow.
I was carting a big load of willow brush today on my powerbarrow and the wind blew the load and barrow over on its side.
Willard.

Woke up to 3-6" of slushy snow this morning, 35-50 mph winds with higher gusts. Slowed down the 80 mile commute a little, especially after I got into Minot. They said the barometric pressure was the lowest ever recorded outside of a hurricane, suppose that explains the breeze. Only had one little boxelder get tired of standing and fall into a street. Got it cleaned up and on the way to the dump. Life is good.

The rain just started here about 5 minutes ago. Must be the southern tail of the front that got the rest of you guys a couple days ago.

Supposed to get some rain here by late morning.. Show up at the job and see what haps.. I ain't chipping in the rain though. I will go burn some hazardous slash piles though:evil:

Tropical storm Shary is going to pay us a visit this evening, 50-60 knots, should just be enough to burn all the new leaves off that came out after Igor!

Back