What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 485K
It is 27F and the high will be 55F this afternoon. There is frost on the punkins this AM, and fog patches too.

Grrr!!! Stupid rain! I've been way too busy for a rain day.... oh well, my gear has been needing some TLC for a while so I better get to it.

Mid 30's at night, high 50's to low 60's during the day. Great weather for working.

We are having a front move through right now. In the last 1/2 hr it went from dead calm to the wind blowin' 50MPH. But is 8C whick I am positive will change when the sun comes up.

It's been perfect all week.
Clear blue sky, no wind and cool dry air.
The leaves are just starting to turn colored ( they are late this year).

In short, perfect logging weather!

Looks like our Fall is finally here!

NatLoop.gif

I woke up at 0500 and we are gettin' the first snow of the season. Weird how yesterday guys were combining and today it is a tad white, oh, and we never really had summer. A few warm days (100+) and a record amount of rainfall.:?

We had flurries in the middle of the day on Friday. Nothing of the whitening nature, just those little whispy ones that remind you what is around the corner.

We are expecting 25 mph winds and rain tomorrow. The official welcome to the changing season. Going to scope some jobs, and hope for some weak trees to be culled by mother nature. Then back to the regular jobs. In the PNW there is a thing called a "sun break" aka a "sucker hole". Enough to make you think the rain will stop...sucker! Seems to stop around 5pm when its dark in the winter, for a few hours. Seattle has better weather than Olympia. I think that Seattle gets about 30 inches of precip a year, whereas Olympia is 45". Olympic Mountains create a bit of a rain shadow. There is a small town of Sequim (sounds like swim but with a Q) that is very much in the rain shadow on the Olympic Peninsula. They get about 10" of rain a year. I think that there is an Air Force base up that way, due to the weather.

When I grow up I'm gonna be a meteorologist, and move to KS! Jesus these guys are MORONS!

Today's forecast, 81,sunny with 10-15MPH winds and NO chance of rain.
It's been overcast all day, might have hit 75 (giving them a break) with 20-30MPH winds. Right now it's 56 according to my thermometer, 46 according to the Weather Channel with light rain, and I had to drag the wife outside to make sure I wasn't crazier than normal, mixed with SNOW? Add in the 50MPH wind gusts, this is nuts!

WOW! Now they are talking about a "MASSIVE WIND STORM EVENT" that could be moving in, it could be "DANGEROUS and EPIC! THIS IS A MASSIVE EVENT TO WATCH FOR!". "Three days of water and food, stock up on medications, put away the outside furniture! These winds could reach 70MPH, this is hurricane force winds!" These guys need some Ritalin or something! I wonder if they've even been to KS before!

I hear thats the storm that just left us, supposedly moved up and picked up speed in your direction

Bring it! Just another day in KS, just have to clean up some Maple branches, might have a couple of Bradford pears, but I doubt it's much after the 85mph straight line winds we had a few weeks ago.

Had snow up here too on the tops this am. Was nice to look at, Willie. Went up to Jerseydale this AM at about 4000 plus and you could see the snow and clouds dancing on the mountains. :D Purty.

Back