What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
New York got blasted with wind today.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/09/16/Violent-windstorm-hits-NYC-kills-one/UPI-89581284681509/

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Vgj16TXFdU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Vgj16TXFdU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It has been nice here. Close to 32F in the AM and get up to between 60-70F in the afternoon. The dew holds us up combining until around noon, and it gets tough (straw) when the sun goes down.

I need another week of dry weather. Some farmers are sayin' they need a month!

been great here all week, supposed to carry on into next week as well. Low teens C overnight and mid 20's C daytime highs :)

A brisk 50's this morning, thermals and winter hat for my 7 mile bike ride this morning. It's funny how in the end of winter, 50's feels warm, fall time my damn feet are frozen and I'm putting on thermals.:lol:

Won't get past the low 60's today, calling for.....more RAIN M-W. Crap, I need to hit a financial goal at the other job and the soggy mess on the ground isn't helping. At least I'll be able to bang out my own stuff TR-F. Possibly throw some weekend work in there. :|:

Rained on and off all night last night. They had a wedding over at the vineyard across the street. Kept having to move it indoors. So there would be loud party noise, then none, then bagpipes and loud party noise and then none...........:lol:

We are going to be having showers on and off up here Steve.....
Here was today's weather bulletin copy pasta.... Careful out there hikers and climbers ;)

..MUCH COOLER AND UNSETTLED WEATHER MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY...

A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE INLAND TONIGHT AND BRING A SIGNIFICANTLY COOLER AIRMASS INTO THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA INTERIOR DURING THE NEXT FEW DAYS. PRIOR TO ITS ARRIVAL...THIS EVENING WILL REMAIN RATHER MUGGY WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. SHOWERS WILL BECOME MORE NUMEROUS LATER TONIGHT AND CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY...ESPECIALLY OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN. BRIEFLY HEAVY RAIN IS POSSIBLE IN SOME AREAS TONIGHT AND MONDAY WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR LOCALIZED FLOODING OVER THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS. OTHERWISE... TEMPERATURES MONDAY AFTERNOON WILL BE A GOOD 15 TO 20 DEGREES COOLER THAN THIS WEEKEND.

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM ALOFT WILL DEVELOP OVER CENTRAL CALIFORNIA BY MONDAY EVENING AND REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. DURING THIS TIME...WE CAN EXPECT UNSEASONABLY COOL TEMPERATURES AND A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. THE AIR WILL BECOME COLD ENOUGH FOR ACCUMULATING SNOW OVER THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS OF THE SIERRA BY LATE MONDAY NIGHT OR TUESDAY.

SNOW LEVELS WILL REMAIN QUITE HIGH THROUGH TONIGHT...THEN LOWER TO 8000 TO 9000 FEET MONDAY. THE SNOW LEVEL WILL THEN VARY FROM 7500 TO 9000 FEET THROUGH MIDWEEK. ALTHOUGH CONFIDENCE IS LOW AS TO HOW MUCH SNOW MAY FALL OVER THE HIGHEST ELEVATIONS... THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR SEVERAL INCHES ACCUMULATION OVER TIOGA PASS IN YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK MONDAY NIGHT OR TUESDAY.

TRAVELERS...HIKERS...AND CAMPERS IN THE HIGH COUNTRY THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS SHOULD KEEP ABREAST OF THE LATEST FORECAST. EVEN IF A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SNOW DOES NOT OCCUR ABOVE 7500 FEET... IT WILL STILL BE QUITE COLD IN THE HIGH COUNTRY.

Was 32F at 0700 was 75F @ 1500hrs and not a breath of breeze. Here is what it looked like at 1900 hrs! What looks like fog is grain dust from 2 of my neighbours combines.

Back