What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
Been getting colder and windier all day. freeze warnings out for tonight and supposed to get snow tomorrow, brrrrr.

I spent the two hot days having my dental surgery and recovering. I just sat in the pool most of the day. Today was kind of hot, but all I was doing was grinding stumps and loading previously cut wood and brush into the trailer and hauling it to the dump. This morning I upgraded the radiator fan in my pickup from a 5 blade to an 11 blade for pulling the trailer in this kind of weather.

A beauty day on tap. 3 or 4 days of rain finally and cleared out yesterday, sunny and 80 degrees. 55 this morning, nice and crisp, gonna be low 70's, I could do this all year round.:)

Hot as hades yesterday and today...one hurricane, a tropical storm and a depression all bowling our way, first one, Danielle will miss us to the east, swell rolling in on the beaches already, only expected to get 45kn tomorrow, next one is Earl, then behind that is...FIONA!!!

Good for business :)

Edit: hey, when I used the quick reply, them typed in colon, right bracket, a proper smilie came up in the quick reply!

70 and dry today, one of those perfect days.

Supposed to be dry and hot next week. as long is it isn't humid.

If FIONA ever gets to us, they will change her name to a number. They like to take the tendency for a personal attachment out of the typhoon. Sorry girl. :(

If FIONA ever gets to us, they will change her name to a number. They like to take the tendency for a personal attachment out of the typhoon. Sorry girl. :(

Ah well...
When a really bad one hits, they retire the name, for us there will never be another Fabian, for New Orleans, there will never be another Katrina.

Ok, half an hour before Danielle passes its closest point, sun is shining, its a bit blustery, 30-35 nothing really...but south shore is WHITE, milky all the way out to the outer reef and the swells are rolling in. The wind is northerly, so the tops are blowing off backward from the waves as they roll into the beach...pretty

Weather cooled off extremely.. few days ago it was 104-106.. It is cloudy and 68 right now.. :D
Would be on my days off :lol:
Hope it holds for the tree work I have lined up Monday and Tuesday :)

Hotter than a fire cracker the last two weeks, humidity about like steam bath .Then the end of last week cooled into the low 60's at night .

Today it's getting warm but the humidity is low so it's not too bad .I mowed the lawn which took about an hour and am not any worse for the wear . The mower even ran the whole time without dying on the vine. A new milestone .

68 F right now here in La La land..
Or the land of fruits, nuts and frosted flakes .. however you wanna look at it.
crazy how it went from in the 100s to this in a matter of a couple days..
And I was told there was snow in the high country today:|:

Back