What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Yesterday was warm but horridly windy(50mph gusts). Today was a gorgeous 60 with 5-10 mph winds. Tomorrow is supposed to be 45 with 40mph gusts. Next week is forecast to be the upper forties and sunny so it sounds pleasant.

Slide show of the flooding in SW Wa.

http://www.kptv.com/slideshow/weather/18436858/detail.html

Pretty bad....12.5 inches of rain at Steven's Pass ski area, Hyak Ski area half obliterated by mudslide/avalanche....I-90 and I-5 still closed. I dunno if any ski areas will open tomorrow....Crystal maybe.

Besides Hyak, no word on how many avalanches came down in the mts and ski areas, but there's no doubt that there were many destructive ones.

I posted this last nite at AS:
Stevens Pass has recorded over 11 inches of rain in the last 40 hours....

Excelsior Mt slide path on the Mt Baker Hwy, ran at least 3500 vertical feet, a 100 year slide path. The mt is not that close to the hwy

attachment.php

here's what the guy who shot the above photo says:
Here is a pic of the 542 slide.

I did not want to get any closer as due to the amount of water coming out of the hill side I feared the chance of either another slide or a mud slide.

This thing is big. probably at least 30 feet deep on the HWY.

The first part of a two part storm hit .We only got two inches of snow .Hard to say how much is supposed to hit around midnight ,could be up to a foot .

See what you folks in the south are missing :lol:

Cold and calm today. A high of 18F. 6-10 of the white stuff coming saturday night and then apparently it is going to get cold for real.

Well the wind brought a temp drop with rain turning to snow turning to rain turning to mongo snowflakes. A couple of inches of soggy white stuff currently.

Got the same turn here Justin. It was 60 and nice and calm. About 5pm the wind came up, and hard!!!! It went from 54 to 43 in twenty min.
No moisture they say, but..............

It was 13 last night, and going to be 0 or less tonight. It's always amazing how clear it is around a full moon. With the snow on the ground, you could have walked through the woods without a flash light last night.

It only put down about 2 more inches last night .Must have missed us again . Total of maybe 4-5 on the ground at present ,temps mid 20's ,calm winds .

still heavy rain here, we are getting couple three inches a day the last few and the next few. still llots of flooding etc like down south in the Seattle area.

Temp around 14 above heading for 9 below by morning .A couple of inchs of fluff fell today ,looks like maybe 7 to 8 on the ground at the present time .

When I went to the pile this afternoon for a truck load of firewood I bypassed the maple and loaded hickory and oak this time ,brr .:O

brrr...22 here seems balmy. Supposed to be 6 fri am. Jonsenred Bred....you boys workin' when it's this polar!!!

Back