What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
We're in the 30's with a fresh couple of inches overnight. I am still itching to go skiing but now its me that's sick.

well, that sucks donkey balz...

I'm just a tad under da weatha, too...

but will prolly be turnin' and burnin' the next few days

arcin' and barkin'

or heck, just pointin' 'em

If it gets cold and stays cold people are generally more healthy .It's that damp nasty weather at about freezing or slightly above that causes people to feel poorly .

Last night ,rain and ice,it was about 32-34 degrees ,worse case scenario for iced up roads . Would you believe it's supposed to hit mid fourties today .:?

--and would you believe that after a few days of a warming trend it's supposed to get in the teens again .

All I can say is bundle up ,stay dry if possible .

OK, guess you guys deserve another weather update to show we don't always have perfect weather. Looks like we might get some rain this weekend. So far, Mr. Obama, who is vacationing in my home town for 10 days, has had very good weather. Watch the Hawaii Bowl on ESPN today at 8PM EST for some live shots of the island. It will be 3PM here.

Honolulu Weather Forecast
Detailed Local Forecast
December 24, 2008 0700

* Today: Sun and clouds mixed. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 81F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph.
* Tonight: Some clouds. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low 71F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph.
* Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 79F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph.
* Tomorrow night: Variable clouds with a chance of showers. Low around 70F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
* Friday: Scattered showers. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 60s.
* Saturday: Mostly cloudy, chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 60s.
* Sunday: Showers possible. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 60s.

2 more white inches this morning.....might drizzle some rain today before cooling and some snow tonite and XMAS...then back to normal rainy weather for the weekend.

First white XMAS in town I can remember in years. Of course, I'm usually skiing, and will be tomorrow.

Fighting a bit of a cold, tho.

We're still getting hammered with snow and cold. Good for the pocketbook but will make for a tired holiday season. It's all good with me though.8)

Ice all over last night...ended up like this...

Attachments

• Nissan3 (Small).jpg
    Nissan3 (Small).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 53
16 with ice when I got up.
21 with a wind chill of 11 when I walked the two miles home from my parents Christmas party tonight. My wife saw no need for two cars even though the boy hadn't had a nap today.

And today its 45 already! Going for 62 tomorow?

-9 celcius, snow and some ice crystals in the trees, perfect weather for cutting in the forest :D

It snowed a bit more last nite, and this morning.....but will be warming Fri nite.

I skiied today in 18 inches of blower powder, lightly snowing all day! Tomorrow, alpental opens...though the top chair won't, dang it. It accesses 100% black or double black diamond terrain....much of which would be triple black at most areas.....

So, views like this will have to wait

312516220_6dfe32387b_o.jpg

I suspect that if Roger had lived in southern California for the last 40 years, he'd probably sound like this guy. Anybody else see the resemblence? :lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c5j4McFzies&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c5j4McFzies&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back