What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
I hhave a 4 foot high snow drift next to my garage... We got 4 to 5 more inches last night. Now it's supposed to warm up to 37 F and rain... all this snow has to go someplace when it melts... I wouldn't wanna be on any of the lower river areas in western Washington... :(

Gary

Actually, the snow level isn't s'posed to go above 500' till Sat.
There'll be no flooding unless it warms up fast, and rains hard.

Wiley lives near Arlington, and has over 36" at his place!!

3-6 more due tonite...hopefully the 6-12 happens in the mts...if so, I'll go to Crystal again, perhaps.

I'm working on the video of me at the beach today.....I may have to go back tomorrow with my zip off pants and surfer trunks underneath....

I'm watching the weather up in the PNW, I guess I don't undersand, do you guys not normally get much snow? I figured as wet as it was, and as cold as I assumed it got, snow was pretty comonplace?
They showed Seattle yesterday, looked to me about two to three inches of snow, and they had all but shut the down down? Is this the norm up there?

We usually only get a few inches in the city 0-2 times per yr....more in outlying areas, like last Apr 15, when up to 10 inches fell, which was unheard of for that late.

This storm cycle is very rare....a cold Canadian front swept down from the NE, then weather has come off the Pacific from the NW....a perfect combination for cold temps and snow......usually, it's one or the other...and rarely do we get Arctic air..Usually, when we do, it will be clear and cold.

We do have a lot of hills here to complicate driving, and there's now been several waves of snow. The latest was the largest, and it's still snowing, with 3-6 more coming in town, they say. Then snow or rain off and on till Sat, when it may change to all rain.

Woooot wooot!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d8qsNSaM2qg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d8qsNSaM2qg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's got to be under 20 here, maybe colder. I heard on the radio the NY Thruway is closed Rochester all the way to Penn.

0* snow turned to rain which froze overnight:whine:

Had to chip the ice off of my truck to get into it this morning....nice way to start a monday.

At least there were no tree emergencies this weekend.:D I must be doing something right:D

0* snow turned to rain which froze overnight:whine:

Had to chip the ice off of my truck to get into it this morning....nice way to start a monday.

At least there were no tree emergencies this weekend.:D I must be doing something right:D

We never got over 14* this weekend so all our snow was dry and fluffy. Zero and blowing like hell tonight.

We're dropping, was 12 a few minutes ago and windy. Was working inside all day today, went out to load tools at the end of the day, and it was dang chilly outside.

-35F this morning. Had to get to an appointment at VA on MAFB by 9 am. It was a cool drive. It got up to -11 I think. Supposed to be hear +11 by Christmas.
No mosquitos or flies!!!!

Back