What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 483K
Nice Wesley. Put your hand in your freezer and put your eye real close to an upturned snow globe and you'll have a close approximation of our weather. Its actually quite nice sitting and watching these big fluffy snow flakes come down especially from inside the comfort of my house.

I hhave a 4 foot high snow drift next to my garage... We got 4 to 5 more inches last night. Now it's supposed to warm up to 37 F and rain... all this snow has to go someplace when it melts... I wouldn't wanna be on any of the lower river areas in western Washington... :(

Gary

Our snow is usually gone by later n the day but it looks like we are going to keep it for a while.

It's going to be in the single digits tomorrow. Won't bother me at all, my husband has the week off and he'll be doing the outside work as his vacation! Ha! I may stay in pj's the entire time! :D

Well now that you mentioned it my wifes' husband has some outside stuff to do also .Due to the fact it is rather chilly he also has opted to stay inside but in his sweats rather than PJ s';)

This is the detailed forecast for today 12/21/08 and the rest of the week. Looks like the Hawaii Bowl on Dec. 24 with Hawaii vs Notre Dame will have nice weather. You should be able to see the game and live shots of the island weather on ESPN.

Detailed Local Forecast

* Today: Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 81F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
* Tonight: Some clouds. Low near 70F. Winds light and variable.
* Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies. High near 80F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph.
* Tomorrow night: A mostly clear sky. Low 71F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
* Tuesday: More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 70s.
* Wednesday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 70s.
* Thursday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 70s.

Sounds good on the surface but you are stuck on an island and have nowhere to run when Godzilla attacks.

I've lost track of the snow and the cold. Lots of both right now, with the windchill we're getting down to -40(that's the equal point between C/F) at my place about -35 in town. Damn cold, lots of plowing and sanding. Lots.8)

40s F right now... an tonight.. rain ... drizzle and rain...
Then maybe snow tomorrow night and most the week. Only about 1/2 inch total over 4 days on and off... Least we should be able to burn...

It's been snowing lightly here for 24 hours straight now, on top of the 8" we got rather quickly on Friday.

Well now that you mentioned it my wifes' husband has some outside stuff to do also .Due to the fact it is rather chilly he also has opted to stay inside but in his sweats rather than PJ s';)

That's a new twist Al. I'm waiting for you to refer to yourself in the first, second, and third person, all in one sentence. I know you can do it.:)

I'm watching the weather up in the PNW, I guess I don't undersand, do you guys not normally get much snow? I figured as wet as it was, and as cold as I assumed it got, snow was pretty comonplace?
They showed Seattle yesterday, looked to me about two to three inches of snow, and they had all but shut the down down? Is this the norm up there?

If you're talking about up here Andy, the coasties don't usually get much snow at the lower elevations to mild, swamped in any of the higher elevations though. I'm further inland and usually get a good amount of dryer snow, but the cold that we're getting is not highly unusual but colder than the norm. When the windchill starts pushing it down to -40 that's chilly for me.

We've had a weather warning for about the last 2/3 days. 'frostbite to exposed skin within minutes'. It's real pleasant outside right now.:D

We've had a weather warning for about the last 2/3 days. 'frostbite to exposed skin within minutes'. It's real pleasant outside right now.:D

RALMAO !!!
I saw a guy on a bicycle today & thought, "Christ, that's just downright dangerous !"
Twenty below with the wind chill factor.

yeah our big cities on the west side of the coast range gets to much warmth from the ocean to keep snow around long. our snow is typically very wet and heavy so it packs down when driven on. then it rains ontop of packed snow, this is slick as anything can get. up in the mountains the high passes will be packed snow most of the winter, much easier to drive on that than the slime we get down low.
I hhave a 4 foot high snow drift next to my garage... We got 4 to 5 more inches last night. Now it's supposed to warm up to 37 F and rain... all this snow has to go someplace when it melts... I wouldn't wanna be on any of the lower river areas in western Washington... Gary
the steelhead will love it!

Gary is not far at all from Paul and I'm only 4 hours away from the coast myself so I'd be guessing quite similar. I spent nearly seven years on vancouver island/lower mainland and mostly the snow doesn't stick down low. Very wet winters, but no snow sticking around for long at the coastline.

And that mess is coming across Lake Erie and pounding us right now. 2" per hour in some spots.

Thanks AL.

You have to be in up state NY then .That same snow belt is actually about 40 miles north of us but it can shift every so often .

We just got 3" followed by sleet, then quick rain.

Going on hr 12 of cleanup, it's my last day shoveling, my back can't handle it. I got a comfy truck to plow with next storm though, for another company.

This weather sucksssssssssss.

Time to fatten up on cookies before we go back out.

Back