What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
Long time no see!
Hey !!! Good to see everybody ! My internet was off 'til I could pony-up with the bill $$$. So I did that & asked if my next bill will reflect an adjusted amount since I was out of internet access for 10 days.
Sez they, "You weren't really disconnected. Your service was interrupted, and therefore you still owe."
Handy for them, ey ?!?
:what:

Looks like Tuesday is gonna be rough.

Tuesday_is_gonna_be_roughwccDetail.png

I think I'd rather have the below zero stuff than 80. Seriously. I hate hot weather. We hooked up a propane heater in the house we are working on, and I had to turn the t-stat down. It was on 50, 40 was better. I can always put my vest on if the sweatshirt isn't enough.

It's a question of what you are used to I guess. I hate the heat. Anyhting over 80 and I'm a poorly puppy.

After 5 days with the temps between 46 and 62 in the house, we had to turn the heat down for a couple of days after getting power back.

Temp not too bad today... Mid 40s... Rain on and off so the snow is quickly disappearing. Supposed to snow some tonight and did last night too, but we only got a dusting last night.. See what happens tonight...

still gonna be a biggie this weekend, but the ice storm part of the forecast has been scaled back

paging wiley_p, dunno if you read this discussion, but it's one of the best, and often embellished with some wit and humor
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sew/get.php?wfo=sew&pil=AFD&sid=SEW

Should be a good thing for us Roger. It's gonna blow hard out of the East, against the set. Taking the 40ton up to Redmond Ridge Saturday night. Maybe I can beat 54 houses in 6 days this time. With this dry snow we got, there is gonna be a lo of drifts from this wind.

Say what ,50 degrees in the house and you must have a zillion cords of wood .This doesn't make any sense to me .:?

Well Al, cuz you're such a good guy I will take the time to explain. We lost power Thursday at night, figured it would come back fairly quickly. Didn't.

So, we fired up the woodstove insert which is great, but only marginal without the blower. Limped along gradually losing degrees. Sunday morning after a 5* night it was 46 in the house.

Of course necessity is a mother and I recalled that my wife had a small power inverter she uses for camping sometimes. Pulled the one-ton closer to the house and ran a cord in the house and voila, we had a light and the blower going.

I do have some wood, but not a zillion cords. I sell the shit, not horde it. Most of my personal horde is big chunks of pine for the OWB.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE AL?:D;)

I do have some wood, but not a zillion cords. I sell the shit, not horde it. Most of my personal horde is big chunks of pine for the OWB.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE AL?:D;)
Well I guess it does ,now that you mentioned it in that tone .

Ha,I horde the stuff but then I have a generater too ,so there .:P

For Petes sake you could burn old railroad ties in an outside burner but I suppose pine would have about the same effect :lol:

Neither of which help a powerless taco pump get hot water into the powerless air handlers.:D The wife is insisting that we get a proper generator set-up. 5 days was enough for her to the value.

Mike, how big of a generator do you need? I saw several like-new generators sitting in front of the local pawn shop today, I might be able to do some shopping before I come up (if I come up). Most of what I saw was in the 5000 watt range.

I'm thinking at least 5000 watt, probably more though. I really need to have an electrician assess my needs. I would imagine that there are going to be a zillion of them on craigslist pretty soon. I appreciate the thought Brian.

5" new, 7" at my place. Light freezing rain adding to the load on trees.

Roads to my two fav ski areas are closed due to blizzard conditions.

Not enuf wind came in to bring any tree work.....that I know of...maybe some minor breakage....

wiley? you hunkered down sleepin' in yer truck, waitin for sumpin to crane? :whine:

I might drive down to Richmond Beach Park, where I can get a good 300 vertical of skiing, right to the Sound. Last time I skiied that, was '95 when it was 18" deep.

Dang talk about brutal ,I missed it .10 degrees ,30 mph wind gusts . I went down the lane to fetch the paper and nearly froze my tail off .It's a hibernation day for sure .:(

This is the detailed forecast for today 12/21/08 and the rest of the week. Looks like the Hawaii Bowl on Dec. 24 with Hawaii vs Notre Dame will have nice weather. You should be able to see the game and live shots of the island weather on ESPN.

Detailed Local Forecast

* Today: Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 81F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
* Tonight: Some clouds. Low near 70F. Winds light and variable.
* Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies. High near 80F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph.
* Tomorrow night: A mostly clear sky. Low 71F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
* Tuesday: More sun than clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 70s.
* Wednesday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 70s.
* Thursday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 70s.

Back