The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

What's on RIGHT NOW!

Steve Mack

Life Member.
That channel had Rams on tonight, I put it in the movie thread last year when it came out. From new Zealand, they really like sheep.

Turned out to be the one from Iceland. Cooking dinner and trying to read sub titles doesn't work real well so I had to give up after about 30 minutes, guess I'll have to see the NZ one now or watch that one again when I have time.

lxskllr

Treehouser
Fastest flying vertebrates? I wonder how that's determined? The fastest thing is a peregrine falcon in a dive. The lowly dove can fly 60mph. I didn't think bats were that fast.

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
Pterodactyles probably had them both beat.

No way a bat can beat a falcon, they are simply not shaped for speed.

Jonny

Treehouser
Did anyone watch it? There was a bunch of bat biologists working on this episode, so Uncle Gary was only on for maybe 8 minutes.
Mexican Free Tail bat at 99 mph, and that’s flight speed over some distance, not diving. He said he saw a Brazilian Free Tail do the same.

How they came by these numbers might allow a bit of a fudge factor. The bats aren’t big enough to carry any kind of GPS tracker, but they can carry a tiny radio transmitter. Someone on the ground caught a healthy female Mexican Free Tail and attached the transmitter, my uncle and the pilot were in a small plane above and they were able to figure out how far the bat traveled during her nightly bug feast, and how long it took her to travel that distance, and they figured her speed at almost 100mph.

Jonny

Treehouser
Squid Game!

So violent and gorey, but neat story. Hard to stop watching, it definitely keeps one’s attention. Highly recommended, not for the kiddos.

I think they used CGI on all the cast’s mouths. Pretty sure it’s all in Korean, but the voice over matches the actor’s lips. Pretty cool.
The trailer here is Korean with English subtitles, but the show is all English.

Jonny

Treehouser
Yea, I wonder how true it is.
I’m sure that NK frowns very hard on any media that portrays them negatively, but life in prison and death sentences over folks just watching it?

Fiddler

Treehouser
Yeah, I wondered on that myself.
Wouldn't be the first time someone invented, or blew out of proportion, a controversy to promote a thing or idea for sure.

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!