Tight spot, right equipment

matdand

TreeHouser
Short video we did with the guys from UpEquip who distribute Easy-Lift in North America. We took down seven dead EAB infested ash trees in a pretty tight spot. They weren't super huge trees, but using the lift made it just that much easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoUAJnTUwrU

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RoUAJnTUwrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks! It's actually been fairly mild here, so we can pick and choose our days. We also do certain jobs where we need the ground to be frozen to minimize impact or even have access. Like this week we just finished removing about 50 dead ash trees from a swamp that would have been a real PITA during the summer.

Ooooh big! I reckon 15/6.5 would meet my requirements. Hinowa and Teupen are the names that keep coming up over here.

Not that big, we have to get out from time to time. Also, if you get a smaller machine you always have to be parked right under the tree you're working on, which can be a pain. Also, you limit yourself if you have to reach over anything like wires or a shed or fence. I kind of regret not going with the 70-36, but hey!

The Honda motor does have a hard time starting, definetly need to add anti-freeze everytime we fill up. But the lift itself has had no issues other than being a little slow until the hydro oil warms up. It is also surprising how much snow it can move in, almost about a foot the other day without a doubt.

Definitely could have used one of those today on a super dead eab Ash. Is that machine under 36'' in width?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm seriously thinking of buying a spider lift.

As expensive as they are they allow you to double productivity on nearly every job IMO. I would also be looking to enter the elevated work platform hire market- with tree work being so cut throat to open up a new income stream without the risk and time consumed bidding seems attractive, I have some contacts in commercial window cleaning and our city now has a large amount of newly built medium rise apartment complexes that will require ongoing maintenance. Any comments welcome...

Hiring it out could be lucrative. What happens when someone screws the rigging or free-drops something and damages the machine, though?

Diversifying into low-risk machine work, like window washing sounds good, and easy on the body. Easier to train someone for that, than rigging trees next to the machine. My GUESS is that you can't cut and chuck or push big pieces the way you can with a standard bucket, but I DON'T know.

Back