What's on RIGHT NOW!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a TV watching, internet surfing, forum posting, damn good looking sumbeech!!! :beer:

Hey Gigi! I'm watching a show on the History Channel about the Overseas Highway! I'll keep my eye out for yellow trucks!!!

PBS has a cool series called "Carrier," it's brings back memories. It's odd seeing females on a ship!

I like certain shows on T.V. but cannot stand the commercials. Also on my dish t.v. alot of the shows have this continuous advert. in the corner of the screen. very annoying.

Anyone have a link to how much of a 1/2 show is taken up by commercials?
There has gotta be published statistics on that.
But maybe it is a deep dark secret...

AH HA! Found it: http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/commerciallength.htm

1952 - 13 percent of the time was spent watching commercials (only 4 minutes out of every half hour!)

1958 - still 13 percent

1964 - 17.8 percent

1977 - 18 percent

1994 - 24 percent

2004 - 30 percent

2006 - 30 percent

2007 - 30 percent

They say that 30% of Star Trek was taken up by commercials.

That is a hell of alot of commercials to be subjected to. Imagine watching T.V. for 4 hours. Figure out the sheer amount of dedicated adverts. your brain is subjected to in that amount of time.

Maybe I will change my viewing habits and mute the t.v. when my show comes on and just watch commercials! It would give me just a bit more time to get up, use the head, get a snack and get back to the couch in time to watch another series of commercials.

I also hate listening to the radio because of the same reason.

Last edited:
It's showing the "Crossing" initiation, lordy! They've tamed it down a lot!

Are you a Shellback, Gary?

I think in the 6th episode the punk kid was trying to sell his house, then the teach was hardballing the bad guys...

Iron Man vrs. GTA IV

(CNN) -- Who would win in a fight: a police-killing, rampage-driven thug or a superhero encased in a technologically superior suit of armor?

"Grand Theft Auto IV," released Tuesday, could give "Iron Man" a run for its money this weekend.

The answer could come this weekend when video game enthusiasts find out whether "Grand Theft Auto IV," expected to set sales records in the gaming world this week, will steal glory and revenue from a different entertainment empire: the movies.

Sorry boss, I haven't been reading this thread (I don't watch tv). I was just posting it without knowing anything about it.
;)

Back