What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Made hamburger & mushrooms in a gravy over pasta.. Kind of a kids cheater daddy just got home from work throw together meal..
Also made a large batch of split pea soup while I was at it for tomorrow so I can just warm up dinner when I get home.
Katy has school tonight, Tues and Weds.

I took pita's sliced them in half. Then slathered tzatziki on, then added greek salad and some diced chicken. Slapped 'em back together and grilled 'em up. Different and yummy.

For 10.95, I just might give this a shot. Chocolate covered bacon!

pro%20photos%20of%20products%202009%20123.jpg

My plans for Chinese were foiled when I called and discovered that the corner Chinese place was closed. So off I went in search of some place open. Ended up at Steak and Shake. I recognized my waiter, he's been there for a couple years or more and always is very attentive and on the ball, almost too attentive. So I left an extra fat tip seeing as he had to work the holiday and the place was practically empty.

no dinner yet but the boy and I just had a snack of organic tortilla chips with a bit of leftover taco meat from the other night. Dont tell his mom what I feed him when she goes to work. ;)

I thought we were going to grill some t bones but got surprised .I was playing tunnel rat again in my crawl space and the Mrs. made a turkey breast when I wasn't looking .

Took what was left of the turkey after I took most of the meat off it and threw it in a stewpot. Took the the bones out then added some rice, corn, broccoli, celery, and smoked wild hog sausage to the mix. Don't know what to call it but it tastes pretty good.

Left over turkey tonight of course.
I had rendered the bones down over night so I also made a pot of soup for tomorrow. :D
Looks like inclement weather for tomorrow. Soup should go well with it after some rope washing at the Laundry Mat.