What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

I made chicken cordon blue, well, sorta, it had havarti in it and I wrapped it in a couple strips of bacon... With some noodles and sauce plus a light salad of cucumber, tomato and vinegar (salt and pepper added). :)
Well received.

I think I could DO SOMETHING with that!!!

20080930-fatty-melt-comp.jpg

20080930-fatty-melt-beauty.jpg

The grilled cheese bun looks good! I gotta try it. When I was in scouts, we made grilled cheese sandwiches, and instead of buttering the bread, we used bacon grease.

I had Chinese for dinner as well. Fried strips of cat meat, or something. Of course they call it 'chicken'. It's always chicken. :/:

LMAO Brian... I've BEEN to China... some rural parts, even... and I didn't see one single chicken. :/:

from a few nights ago, pics as promised :P

you can see my supper with the shrooms, mamma's without and baby's dish of rice cereal to the right... :)

Attachments

• P9284063.JPG
    P9284063.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 5
Burrito tonight...new BB-Q place in town, gonna' try the Sun. special tomorrow.

Looks good, Paul. Yer makin me hungry! :)

Sorry RJS.
just to recap........

thats a plate with smoky chili cajun rubbed rib eye steak (medium rare), spuds with a splash of butter, shrooms with garlic and onions pan fried and baguette with a bit of olive oil and Emeril's BAM spice under the broiler.

oh, and my salad of spinach and lettuce with bacon bits and a homemade dijon dressing (3 parts olive oil, 1 part apple cider vinegar, 1 part dijon, salt and pepper shook up in a mason jar).

all home made, local stuff. good eats I tell ya whut! :D

as for the rice cereal for Bub, I dunno where they make that crud but he likes it. :)

Tonight was Blackened, grilled fresh-caught tuna, steamed vegetables, and mashed red-skin, garlic mashed potatoes, with an appetizer of lobster and crab bisque.

went to the market today, well actually a discount grocery store, I dont usually go to and wont go back to any time soon but (rude staff, overcrowded, no baskets, so big I couldnt figure where the hell anything is), that said I bought some raw chicken wings, they are in the oven now and will get coated in either redhot sauce or sea salt and pepper, thats lunch.

Recipe is simple easy: place wings skin down on cookie sheet on the middle rack in a 400 degree oven for 30 mins, broil for 5 mins. put cooked wings in large bowl, slather with favorite coating, toss, serve. :D

As I tried to find my way out I passed the fresh fish coolers, bought a pair of trout, they will be grilled for supper and accompanied by corn on the cob and smashed taters. :)

Attachments

• PA054119.JPG
    PA054119.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 4
Dang, that looks good ! I had lamb chops, & in case that sounds really good I had the cheap shoulder chops. They weren't so good.