1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Couscous

2 cups water
1 tbls oil
1 tsp salt
1 cup couscous
2 tbls butter

To make the sauce

1. Melt the 3 tbls of butter over moderate heat in a heavy 8qt. pot. Add the hing, zucchinis, peppers, potatoes, and turnips and saute' for 10 minutes. Add half the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.

2.Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilies, salt, pepper, and the rest of the water, (adding more if needed). Stir well and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for another 15 minutes. Towards the end of the cooking time for the sauce, prepare the couscous.

To prepare the couscous

1. Pour 2 cups water into a large saucepan. Add 1 tbls oil and 1 tsp salt and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.

2. Stirring constantly, add the couscous. Allow the grains to swell for 2 minutes. Add 2-3 tbls butter and heat the grains over low heat for 3 minutes whilst stirring with a fork.

Ok... put yourself in my shoes, here. I'm in a motel, no fridge, no microwave, and it's almost 11 PM. You've been going since before 6 AM, with no lunch, a light continental breakfast, and only water. ;)

Ya poor thing

the closest mini mart and a MAYFIELD Ice cream sandwich and a cup of coffee - well maybe two Ice cream samdwiches
and a bag of pretzels and a yogart

yummy for the tummy

Ya por thang

Its Friday so we're having fish tonight. Pecan encrusted baked tilapia, seasoned fries, and a salad. :|:

pan fried red snapper, orzo pasta and a bit of cucumber and tomato salad. :)

AND... since they put up our fences again I have got the bbq up from the storage locker in the parkade, might be able to fire it up on sunday for the first time since they started the building renovations, LAST AUGUST!.

:D

mmmm, new york strip over salad (mixed greens, spinach leaves, feta, home made balsamic vinagrette...). I am stuffed!

home made guacamole in the fridge for later as a snack. :D

Attachments

• P8163836.JPG
    P8163836.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 5
had a couple pieces of garlic bread as well. The pic was of my wifes plate about halfway through. I had a larger piece of cow and more salad stuff. :D
Also mine was slightly less cooked, hers was a fair medium, mine was medium rare, JUST how I likes it.

Had my mother-in-law over for dinner.

We had BBQ asparagus, broccoli, white corn, cauliflower, red bell pepper, zucchini squash.

Home-made BBQ sauce, cucumber and tomato salatta and a pasta salad.

Pita bread on the grill and Kasseri cheese cooked in oil and flambeed in brandy and extinguished with fresh lemon juice.

on our flashy new bbq, turkey breast on skewers, corn on th cob and tice from the rice maker machine thingie. L) yum yum. I am SO excited to have a BBQ again, its been a year since we had to put our old one in storage due to building renovations...