What Did Ya'll Have For Dinner Tonight?

Chicken chow mein over rice noodles last night and making beef vegetable soupl tonight. Might cook off a pesto chicken breast for lilly since she is not too keen on soups.

You are killing me with those asparagus.
They cost the same here as pepper did in the middle age, more or less.

Was my night to cook for the firehouse, so whipped up a big batch of Creole chicken & rice, stir-fried broccoli & peppers, bought semolina rolls from market and a tray of meatballs from local pizzeria. Many grunts of approval from the ranks....

This batch was off the charts cheap, Stig...never seen it this low...98 cents a pound!!! Usually it's between $1.50 and $3.00, in season.

Bingo, Stig.

We had a saute' of sweet red peppers, onions and garlic, jalapenos, and asparagus, served over brown rice. Tossed in some coarsely cubed smoked chicken leftover from a few days ago. It was tasty.

Dörrbohnen fried with onions and tofu.
Steamed potatoes and a salad.

Dörrbohnen ( literally dried beans) is a Swiss thing.
Harico verts are dried in order to make then keep for winter consumption.
They are then soaked in water before cooking.
The drying changes their flavour a lot.
Traditionally they are fried in butter with onions , garlic and a bit of bacon and spiced with dried Summer savory.
( sommer savory is called Bohnenkraut in German/Swiss, literally bean herb, because it goes so well with green beans)
One of my favourite things.

We dry our own beans from the garden, but they have all been eaten, so these are store bought in Schweiz.

Last edited:
Sounds good stig. I have an aldi shepherds pie in the oven . ~.5hr to go. I'm hungry. All I've eaten so far today is chips & hummus, and a pack of biltong(beef jerky).

Last night I roasted a pork loin roast with a garlic/pepper corn crust, served a rosemary wine sauce with it.
Roasted small yellow potatoes for the kiddos, baked sweet potato for us adults. Sauteed portabello mushroom in garlic, basalmic, thyme and red wine. Sauteed carrots, zuccini, summer squash and red onion topping with parmesan and colby cheese browned on top as the topping for the mushrooms. That was for adults. Served the kids the rest of the squash sautee. Pretty dang tasty if I do say so myself.

As I kept reading the fuzzy words it occurred to me he's a plant oriented eater and dog lover...just couldn't be right... :|: