What Are You Drinking Tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
7630.png

Very good blend. At $38 $34 it's a bit of a price bump from something like JW Black, but well worth the premium. I saw that and the Glasgow blend at the store yesterday. I wasn't really there to buy whisky, but they grabbed my attention. I was impressed with the Peat Monster I got a bunch of years ago. I picked it up, put it back, checked out the rest of the spirit aisle, then went back and got it. Figured I'll wait til it gets cooler out for the Glasgow blend.

Last edited:
G&T again, same as before. Probably the only one today. I mix them pretty strong.

NO! Fall doesn't start til the stink of summer's out of the air. That happens some time in October, usually towards the end. Just felt like some scotch, and I was semi serious about celebrating being off today. An unexpected day off work feels more special than a weekend that comes every week. I'm just gonna be sitting here sulking over the water coming in the basement, but it's still cool being off. Woke up to some spectacularly long rolling thunder this morning. That was pretty cool.

Had this Saturday night with some friends playing cards (as well as polishing off the Dalwhinnie Distillers 2017):

porter.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you're drinking it neat. Pretty powerful.

Yuengling-Hersheys-Chocolate-Porter-500.jpg

I stopped in the liquor store to get Sam Adams fall sampler, and a bottle of Compass Box Glasgow Blend, and saw this. It's pretty good, but I'm thinking I don't like like chocolate and beer. It seems like it should hit right on, but every time I get one, I'm a little disappointed. I prefer malt that alludes to chocolate rather than using actual chocolate in the brewing process.

This particular beer is like all of Yuengling's stuff. It's kinda craft beer lite. It's got all the attributes of craft beer, but cut down, and kinda commoditized. That's not a bad thing. It's a solid beer, and fairly inexpensive. This is a limited edition, and $20/12pack. All their products cost the same or a bit more than the major players(Budweiser et al), but the quality is a level up. It's what mass market beer should be, but few deliver.

IMG_20211008_162505.jpg

Pretty good. Has the sweetness of Bowmore and the astringency of Laphroaig. A blended whisky with character. Good value at $34.

You might be on to something about neat absinthe, strange dreams and frequent waking. Half a shot on ice next time

Those look good.

ive put flor de cana rum in my chai tonight.
pretty good… earlier it was rum and ginger beer over ice….
before that rum with lemonade…. It’s been a great Friday afternoon

Back