What Are You Drinking Tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Think 'herbal vodka'. Some are sippers, and some are shooters, but I tend to sip all of them.

Ålborg is made by the Danske spritfabrikker in Ålborg.

If you've had Linie, you are doing good.

There are two destilleries in Norway that makes it: Löitens and Lysholm.

Both are good.

Made by filling it in old Madeira barrels and shipping it south of Equator and back. That is where the " linie" ( Line) comes from.
The gradual heating as it goes south combined wth the rolling action of the ship mellows it wonderfully.

They got the idea from Madeira.
The best of those wines are treated the same way.

The lesser ones are matured in the so called astufas by being rolled gently and having the temperature in the maturing hall folow the curve of an actual sea journey across the line.

Old Madeira is incredible.

Nothing like it.

You got me to get up and look. My bottle of Aalborg was made in Norway. By what distiller? Dunno. It's imported to US by Sazerac company.

edit: 20200705_095124.jpg

Last edited:
Weird.

i think maybe they got producers and exporters mixed up.

Gin and tonic with lime, tonight. We've been enjoying a craft gin made in Sisters, OR these lately days. It's called South Sister Gin.

Worth a try, if you can find it.

Hendricks-Midsummer-Solstice-Front-UK-Reflection-680x680.jpg

+

fever-tree-naturally-light-indian-tonic-water-200ml.jpg

Finishing off my Aalborg. Wanted to free up some space in the fridge. Kinda in a licorice mood, so I'm debating between the Krogstad akvavit or ouzo(can't remember what brand I have) to replace it's spot in the fridge.

edit:
Ouzo won the fridge spot. That's kind of a summer drink for me, and I generally prefer akvavit in the winter. I like the ouzo mixed down with plain seltzer. It's Boutari brand.

edit2:
spelling

Last edited:
Hendricks-Midsummer-Solstice-Front-UK-Reflection-680x680.jpg

+

topo-chico-lime-12oz-2018-02-09-16-18-26-1242x1242.png

This is pretty good. I had bought the water without reading the ingredients, and when I tried it I thought "WTF?!", look at the bottle, and they added citric acid. Not what I intended, but it's actually kinda good. It's a bit closer to soda, but still no sweetener. It mixes nicely with the gin for a crisp summer drink. I'm not a big fan of sugar and alcohol, so this works really well for for me.

Yea, they are. That's one thing I don't like about them. I tried Fever Tree light above, but the flavor wasn't as good as the aromatic. I'll tolerate the sugar in a G&T cause the bitterness balances it out, but I don't like soda based drinks, like rum & Coke.

I'm on a virgin bloody Mary kick right now. Can of v8, 2 teaspoons of horseradish, Worcestershire, black pepper, Tabasco, and some dilly beans!
A little bite to replace the booze during the weekday evenings

Plus all that sodium hits the spot on these hot summer days

Ouzo and sparkling water again. Goes well with summer, but summer can go now. Seriously, JUST GO!!!

I drank six Busch lattes while doing various chores around the house today. Got some things accomplished though. I’m kicking myself for not replenishing my emergency supply.

Back