What Are You Drinking Tonight?

Stumbled across these going to a get together, and finished the last Founders Frangelic Mountain Brown, a Hazelnut Coffee Brown Ale. Mmmmmmm!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
apost.jpg

It's not bad. It has a lingering sweetness I find a bit... Too much I guess. I wouldn't want to drink too many in a row, but the flavor's good. Better cool weather beer imo.

What kind? I really like Pussers and Angostura 1919.

So I bought some limes, triple sec and some silver tequilla.

Salted rim.

Wife did not like it, too strong.....not sweet enough. I thought it was okay.

Fellow from Brazil told me to just go buy the jar of mix. Cheap is fine.

Maybe she will like that better.

I bought a bottle of Jim Beam Rye.

It was our anniversary on the 25th. We might get around to celebrating tonight.

Happy anniversary! Try one of the rums I mentioned above. Both are smooth and sweetish, but not cloying. The wife might like them better. I like them neat.

Thanks!

Gosh, I dont know if I have ever even had rum before. My sister will drink that Captain stuff.

I will have a look at the liquor store for one of those rums.

Andre said that a popular drink in Brazil was a cheap margarita mix with ice and Vodka.

He said tequila was expensive and it was too hot to drink it.

It's a Puerto Rican rum.

Mixers can be fresh fruits... try the power of club soda or tonics... lemonade knocks down anything... especially anything as sweet and sour they got going these days.. 20200627_160436.jpg

I can’t do PBR anymore... too much in college.

now I’m on to Modelo... someone said it’s a rice vs corn thing for certain stomachs....

I do love ice cold Budweiser long necks.... hmmm after a good day of work.
If I was a calorie counter... I’d be into vodka sodas....like Kate Moss.

I refuse to drink pbr, ever since they left town. Peoria used to make more beer than Milwaukee (pbr), and was the liquor capital of the world. Since then most has pulled out, but the pbr plant was especially hurtful.

I'm the same with National Bohemian. It was never a good beer, but it *was* Maryland. Now it's from PA I believe. Screw that. If I want cheap(ish) and local, I buy Guinness made in the Baltimore brewery. It's a first class beer that sells for a bit less than Sam Adams.

Oooooh my whatever, that is about the worst thing a person could drink.

Back in the day when destillery methods were not up to removing all the inferior alcohols, like Allyl alcohol ( Which smells like onions) Methyl alcohol ( Which turns you blind or dead) and countless others, the end product was not very palatable.

So they had to come up with something to cover the bad taste.

Up this way caraway seeds was the solution.

Over time people grew used to the taste and accepted that snaps/ akvavit should make you shudder after downing a shot.

When I was a kid, the approved way of getting around that was to freeze the snaps and "enjoy" it at -22 celcius.

Honestly, if you want to drink snaps/ akvavit, look to Norway or Sweden instead of Denmark.

All ours are crap, they make some very good stuff, without caraway seeds.

If you can't get it where you live, let me know and I'll ship a ½ bottle over to you.

AAlborg isn't bad. Not the best I've had, but not bad. Without getting up and looking, I think it's made in Norway now. We have a very good American version called Krogstad. Heavier on the anis than I'm used to, but very silky and smooth. Linie is pretty good too. That goes better with winter. That's all I've had. Akvavit isn't a big seller around here I guess. Some stores don't have a single bottle of anything.

I'm basically a recovering alcoholic, and I've never even heard of let alone drank that! Googling akvavit now....

Back