What Are You Drinking Tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glenmorangie-La-Santa.jpg

Took the day off for rain, and am sitting by the fire with this and a big ass Bag O'Nuts that comes out about this time every year. This is really nice, and the $45 price tag makes it nicer. I might have to buy another bottle to put aside for awhile. I was gonna have brandy, but scotch goes better with rainy weather.

cel-053696.png

Been getting into various teas lately. I have a shit ton in the house from when I was poor. I had a good run of buying tea cheap, so I could stretch my coffee allowance. Made it iced and hot, herbal and real. I haven't drank any in a long time, and wanted to knock my stash down some. Been digging it as a nightly hot drink instead of making more coffee, so naturally I bought some more over the weekend. Whittling the stash down is going great :rollseyes:

This particular tea is good, but subtle. I might have poured it too soon. The next cup should be stronger.

Glenmorangie-La-Santa.jpg

Took the day off for rain, and am sitting by the fire with this and a big ass Bag O'Nuts that comes out about this time every year. This is really nice, and the $45 price tag makes it nicer. I might have to buy another bottle to put aside for awhile. I was gonna have brandy, but scotch goes better with rainy weather.
If I could even find that, it would probably be $100 up here <sigh>.

aquavit-krogstad-391x1024.jpg

Feels like an akvavit kind of day. Crisp, bright, and icy out. I have some schmaltzy Russian music on to complete the day :^D

I worked corporate for years before I went full time trees, and spoiled myself with numerous bottles of good single malts. The 2015 will be started next in that series, and then still have the '16, '17 & '19, along with the 7 or 8 other bottles in the collection. Mmmmm....

pussers-blue-label-rum.jpg

*Highly* recommended. Every time I have a glass, I marvel at how good it is. <$25, but every bit as flavorful and complex as a $60 bottle of scotch.

A friend was in Vacationland, and was nice enough to bring me back a case of this fine beverage (as I hand't been up there since early 2018; need to get back there soon.

coal_porter.jpg

@ruel and @Sven , you gents do know how to brew good ones up yonder...
:beerchug::drink::dude:

Back