TreeCareLA made the Times!

Cool.

Every person that I have heard of that can get themselves out there as the resident expert in any market does far better business as a result of it.

You're on a roll. Keep them all documented and keep building on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. Our website needs work. I built it myself and you can tell!

We got a few extra calls and emails today, but not quadruple. I wish, Deva!

love
nick

you was just on tv
know in the news paper
don't go all Hollywood on us:lol:

good deal nick hope it brings in some work

love george

Did ya'll have to pay for that? How did you fall into it?

That is some good PR!

Btw, I didn't understand what was meant by a limb might not be able to withstand a sudden drenching, can u splain that and what the remedy is?

I take that to mean a overly brush-heavy limb that needs to be lightened up a bit. Think of a pecan limb loaded with pecans...

That makes sense. It seemed to be put in a fear appeal approach, made it sort of hard to cipher for me.

Cottonwood limbs will break after a storm, after drought. They suck up a bunch of water before they somehow rebound from being dehydrated... So I was told in the Black Rock Desert where the BLM ranger told us not to camp beneath the cottonwood trees if rain came during our project out there.

Somewhat like the summer limb drop concept of limbs loading up with water, probably occurring most with long, overextended limbs, but what do I really know. Nothing concrete.

Thanks for that interesting info! News to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did ya'll have to pay for that? How did you fall into it?

A lady called us a booked a consult. I looked at her pepper tree and her lemon tree, gave some advice. No real work to do at this time. Then I guess she decided I was the real deal and she was like, "so I'm writing this article. Wanna talk trees for a few more minutes and can I quote you?" I was like "Hell yeah!" Not only did I not pay for it, she paid US $150 for the consultation!

you was just on tv, now in the news paper...

And don't forget the radio!!! https://soundcloud.com/kcrw/las-trees-in-a-time-of-drought

... I didn't understand what was meant by a limb might not be able to withstand a sudden drenching, can u splain that and what the remedy is?

So we can agree that across the city on any given day, there's a certain number of tree and limb failures, right? Let's say LA averages 20 per day in a normal year. Over the past few years, this number has been dropping. We know that some trees are getting weaker and weaker...but they are also getting lighter and lighter as they lose water and leaf mass. The tree failures just aren't happening. So we have a standing forest of weaker than average trees. Now you spray them down with water. You got drops of water adding a ton of weight...and the roots are sending water up the trunks, too. And now the soil is going to get drenched in a way it hasn't seen for years. With El Niño, the LA trees are about to get tested in a way they aren't ready for. We had a meager rainfall a few weeks ago. Our phone went berserk. It was a light rain, and it was total chaos. When you start adding a FULL day of hard rain, followed by another, and another and another...it's gonna get pretty nasty this winter.

So the best thing we can recommend local tree owners is "get a pro out to look at your trees." Thick dense trees should be thinned or weight managed in some way. Dead stuff has to go. Just normal arborist stuff...but get someone to help you find these things. Some trees are going to be healthy looking and still fail...and there isn't much we can do about that- but MOST of the failures are going to be things that half decent tree guys and gals would have been able to spot and fix. So get them out there to spot and fix it.

Folks that know my arbor style know that I'm the opposite of a fear mongerer. It's time to just at least have someone come take a peek.

That was good info, I learned a lot there. Thank you.

He seemed genuinely interested. You didn't at all come off as a know it all, more like restrained intelligence applied towards a subject. :)

Back