Tree job. Career change.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Day 2, I got to fell me some tree's , I found odd, my boss just said fell them right here and stood somewhere and with no guidance, I grabbed the 441 and my ambition taking place of confidence. lol.. I did face cut's, matched cuts perfectly on the bigger pine, and the two dead smaller trees, face cut's hit dead on to. Then, my back cut I took my time and lined up my hinge on the other side and finished from that side and boom I hit the spot. Im thinking his silence was my addaboy.

Your pay would be in the ballpark around here. some start groundsmen at 16/hr and some at $10. Fifteen is about average for a climber in training, or one just starting and as yet unproven.

Good advice from all above. When you reach the point where smoothness and efficiency, and economy of motion get the job done faster and safer than depending on strength and froced speed you'll have arrived.

Waiting to hear how much you loved climbing for the day this fall:D

Fiddler, Thanks, that's were im at right now forced speed, Im working on just relaxing. Still getting use to just gaff climbing to TIP, Hopefully one day soon ill have the confidence to climb on just flip/spikes, like ya'll.

Thanks firefighter. Hats off to u man. Im not running in no burning building. That's hard work.

Well, that makes me feel better ya'll. Im still puzzled he didn't say anything though. Whats that about?

Just don't cut corners to speed up your climbing. I rather a job take a bit longer and be done safely than see someone rush and get hurt or do damage. True speed comes with experience.

About your foreman not saying atta boy. A lot of people don't like to give them out even when well deserved.

Tons of good advice here and interesting human nature observations.

Thanks, treebilly, I appreciate that! My confidence here lately is just scattered, with this new career changing thing, Leaving something I have done for 12 yrs, Now going into tree care is all, cause usually im a good read on people. And Cory, is that a honey badger? lol...Well we all no for sure who don't give a F. The guy with the honey badger. lol...

If your boss doesn't say anything, I think it's within your right to ask him how things are going...he may not realize his silence is a bit confusing for you?

Climbed today, a magnolia n live oak take down. I fell the live oak n took a selfie. Lol 20150415_151035.jpg
Treehouse+this new career= tree work 4 life. Im f'in hooked. Boss also gave me hella props today. Im super stoked. I got to fell both trees I climbed in the pic is the live oak after I fell it . But ill get some pics for yall let me get settled in.

Thanks bermy I talked to him today n he just told me. Your doing really good u already look like u no what your doing so let go n just do it.

There's a lot of good teachers here. I've been climbing for 18 years and learn new things all the time from these guys.

Back