Tree felling vids

Yes they did. I have done some dicey shit, that I definitely would not want to be showing on camera. I would not have posted that...and if I did, I would not be trying to make it look like it was just another day. Hopefully that guy is young and dumb, but smart enough to know that he had better not make a habit of that.

It sure was. I saw it on facebook as well as here, and they were acting kinda like it was no big deal.......The climber was local to the Puget Sound area. I think the job took place in Spokane....

I had a spar snap once. It was too small for the load, which wasn't huge, but the climber was way out of the way, as we were concerned it might fail... partly the failure was due to some side loading. No damage, to the landscape.

I don't know if this has been posted, but I just found it on YT, after just now viewing Bixler's latest superb video...even though he had a smallish crane pick endo, I gave him prop's.

It's of a big sequoia in New Zealand, not filmed by the tree company, so I don't know who did it. Climber is young and strong, but using old school techniques. Looks big, but smaller than that huge one we did, with Sean's help, almost 10 years ago now I imagine most of ya'll have seen that album, but I linked to it in this video's comments

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cvChVV9LfXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah, under 2 mins. 220ft whip being topped.
https://youtu.be/QkC6Cme6Kds

I recall you doing that job with Ryan.... I have a woods ported 550. It's nice, but I'm not sure it's faster than my ported 346 NE was...I've always loved the 3 cube saws I've had, as long as they're ported. Same for my hopped up 357..... nice to see you have an intermediate size so you don't always have to go for the 385/390 as often....

It sure was. I saw it on facebook as well as here, and they were acting kinda like it was no big deal.......The climber was local to the Puget Sound area. I think the job took place in Spokane....

I had a spar snap once. It was too small for the load, which wasn't huge, but the climber was way out of the way, as we were concerned it might fail... partly the failure was due to some side loading. No damage, to the landscape.

I've snapped two spars myself come to think of it... One in about 1999, silver maple, loaded it crazy big from the way wrong rope route for lowering man. I was in the tree but clear of it.
Other time, only about... 7 years ago prolly...cutting on ground, lowering whole trees from a madrone spar. New it was monster big, did it anyway but stayed clear, yep busted it. Missed everything both times.
Never again.

FF through it with the cursor, stop and check the vid when the scene changes. Though I must admit, even the 4 or 5 min I spent was rough.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VJeYwXKdH3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

silver maple on roof and over wires after the ice storm of 2014.. notch mush action but a couple interesting points

I personally believe the pyramids were built with alien technology that used anti-gravity to move the stones.. so its a bit of a misnomer. just refers to anything non-mechanized: rollers, inclined planes, block and tackle etc.. I set a block on the tree and pulled it upright with the skid steer using 2:1 MA. The angle of pull was pretty flat, so it took a lot more than I expected to stand it up. Once it was upright I cut it back to the property line and called it good. Neighbor didn't want to pay.

Back