Tree felling vids

Really good quality vid there Stephen. WOW did you ever put that last chunk close to the fence!! Guts of steel, eh! An inch is as good as a mile. ;)

The only time I don't bring the 150 up is when I know I'll be spear cutting a lot.
Too slow for that IMO.

Terrible, even the picco micro doesn't hold up. I ran several of those a while back and none ever got filed, they broke in the cut.

Ive busted a few cutters on the 150 but mainly in dry hard oak never on soft wood so far...knock on wood..lol

Yeah, mine were in hardwood. Annoying enough to toss 2 bars out and go back to heavier chain

That was great, Willie. I can't believe how your operation has grown since I visited you. That is so good to see.
Must be nice having a "Spotter" when doing a face cut.
Maybe I should hire me one:lol:

It's not logging, more about the precision up there. The one I think you're talking about we bridged over the leech field. Next time you come give me some notice and I'll try to schedule work up there, you'd love it

Thank, I will.
I'm just frigging with you, as usual.:D
But not about your business. Man, it has taken off like a Saturn V rocket, looks like.

I know you are, I'd have had a guy watching my face cut when I was chunking that big wood 80 feet up the other day but instead I just salamied the wood off.
Also got tired of reaching around when the bar of the 460 was too short so I thought about you when I called for the 660!
3d1efdb6821a0b3b0d607e5625677e27.jpg

Here is a 150 foot ponderosa we recently did up in a community in the National Forest,
We have felled about 100 trees this year for this fella alone on a couple of his properties. Mostly fell, limb and buck. Some pruning as well.
This one was behind his house had made him and his wife nervous. We are supposed to have some severe storms this winter and a break out could ruin their whole day.
Wavy, dog legged twisty sum beech. Spring loaded tension wood like all get out.
We first used the tree to take out a small one next to it to make a hole. We took a couple smaller cedars as well below it and just staged those on some burn piles on the slope down a couple deer trails on some flatter spots. The trees were on the edge and over the edge of a steep stream bank. Probably 60 feet down to the creek.
HO was going to let us fell the log short of the property line of his neighbor, also with in reach, cross slope and let it lie.
I Wraptor'd up the ponderosa to 70 feet and set a block for lifting the white fir out with mike climbing and cutting that. Then proceeded to piece out the ponderosa.
All went as planned and well ... Until...
I got two different angles on the top throw.. I cut small since I knew the tree was going to act like a big spring. Wind went almost 180 out on the back cut.. The fires are making our winds all goofy with the "cloud" cover. Fortunately I was able to push her right off. Unfortunately, the top did not run well... After a great deal of inspection and communication with the crew once I hit the ground to fell the tree, we found out that the friction device had sap dripping on it and no one took the time to clean it up some... This brought the top to a brief halt ... tossing me about... but not off the pin. Not a fun ride, but..... hung on and rode it like a temperamental filly.
So enjoy.. alls well the lands well. Sorry I did not get any of the log coming down. I was soooooo done by the time I hit the ground. Breathing all that smoke you see as haze in the video, I just needed to finish up and get home.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ji7RUr_BBI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back