Tree felling vids

A guy told me your perspective of what is dangerous changes after living in a third world country. He was in the Peace Corps in Nepal.

Ever notice companies that brag about their safety awareness tend to put out videos that show the opposite??

Badly balanced picks, tying into the hook.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/inTHLQJS-YM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tell the truth: I don't really respect many crane removal guys at all. Guys like Reg who always know where the piece is loaded, are the only guys who who deserve any kind of respect.

You're not going to impress me because you have a machine that will lift everything from the top. Anybody with money can do that.

If you're going to be a climber working with cranes then it's incumbent on YOU to know where to place the sling and how to make the cut.

Tell the truth: I don't really respect many crane removal guys at all. Guys like Reg who always know where the piece is loaded, are the only guys who who deserve any kind of respect.

Your not going to impress me because you have a machine that will lift everything from the top. Anybody with money can do that.
I don't see where respect ties into any of it. If someone does a crane removal, be it smooth or rough, I can't see where any sort of respect factor is involved.

?

If you're going to be a climber working with cranes then it's incumbent on YOU to know where to place the sling and how to make the cut.

Butch, Ive seen several times, landscaper types who know very, very little about cutting trees get up there with a good op at the controls, and they can be talked thru it and the op does more or less everything except set the choker and make the cut. I.e. even if they don't know how to cut, they can get away with it via a good op.

That wasn't horrible. I didn't understand why he made 3 cuts rather than 1 on that first pic. Second could have been rigged better but wasn't anything to complain about. Looked like that crane had plenty of margin but we never really know from home.

Something new Ive been working on. 90 % discount to Housers, of course.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/An3o2ZPStSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bahahahahahaha! I watched all of this one, I think Mary Poppins is going to want a cut of your sales!

Wow, that was good. But I won't be charged for just watching, will I??:O

Genius. Who doesn't work in the wind at times. The optional S.P.I.K.E. (Something Poking In Kind Earth) accessory. Necessary for everyone, sometime, especially storm work. And around here, when there is storm work, there is usually rain.

I'll take two.

Quick question. Is what looks like to be a bowline in the video, the preferred attachment knot of the manufacturer, or is there a suitable anchor point for an anchor hitch?

ALWAYS be looking around during the taping...competitors are lurking out there...they will steal your wonderful idea in a heartbeat. (it is an interesting idea:/:)

Back