Tree felling vids

I think I did ok though. Found some things im going to change up. Especially the planning my next cut .

Hella tree vid, hadn't seen this one before. He's got an interesting technique in part two where he makes multiple kerfs on each side of the piece apparently so the rope can get some traction. Sharp saw too!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JKebkZ_DXBc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2NReW_D6JoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And we've talked about these vids before, but I was reminded of them tonite- Check out "Coffee Break" and "Spar Tree" to view an old yet all time tree vid, if you haven't seen them before. And the youtuber "hotsaws101", all his felling vids are awesome, he's a virtuoso with a saw.:thumbup:

Can't imagine not using a top-handle to cut out those limbs. What in the world? That, and his dumb pry-bar thingy? Just cut the faces a little deeper dude--it's not gonna hurt ya. :drink:

I'm the beer-drinking armchair expert tonight. :|:

Sawman. Thanks a million. Not a badass by any means. :lol: first time I ever rigged down branches ive only been cutting nletting them fall till today. I have a lot to work on. But im going in the right ddirection safely. This tree work stuff is awsome im hooked for good now. I have a question for the vets.????. (How do u keep you balance on a skinny tree when your blockin down , landyard placement , gaff placement)? ???.... I was all over the place. Lol

I've been that expert before. Can't speak for others but I don't usually take comments like that seriously. This site seems to be more forgiving than others.

Damn them boys got some big trees

Sawman. (How do u keep you balance on a skinny tree when your blockin down , landyard placement , gaff placement)? ???.... I was all over the place. Lol

Placing one gaff a bit higher than the other will help me. Lanyard is more of how it feels to me right then, depending on the lean of the area of the tree i'm in.

I've been that expert before. Can't speak for others but I don't usually take comments like that seriously. This site seems to be more forgiving than others.

Damn them boys got some big trees

Yeah, those are what we call Eucs, I'm pretty sure. I read that they call them "Mountain Ashes," down there. Pretty sure they are Bluegum Eucalyptus. Maybe??

He needs to tune that system up.. Lose the gaff ascender and just use a foot ascender. Made it look harder than it had to be. Plenty of scaffolding in that tree to have climbed it easier with out being that rope reliant.
JMO..
Not my tree or climb and in an arm chair.

Back