Tree felling vids

You're right Butch, I'm gettin' better at remembering to cut 'em all off

If its all going to firewood, then someone has to make that cut anyhow.. if not, in most scenarios you're far better off not leaving a stub to begin with.. cut those limbs off flush at the stem. That's the best habit. Thanks for sharing.

:lol:

Here's the latest from August Hunicke…
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7kMdayGHjDU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The skill speaks for itself, he's good. :thumbup:
Hard for me to watch the work being done in the video 'cause I get distracted by the amazing camera angles. :)
Excellent editing.
A lot of one handed saw cuts.....

Good video work...oughta wear a seat belt. Doofus in my mind to try to be all safe in a tree and then not wear a seat belt. CPU disconnect somewhere.

August's vid was first rate ... so was that guy running ropes ... :thumbup:

August knows not to leave stubs working those big conifers... Bix.. you two remind me of each other.. Ever talk to him? He's a good man!
He reminds me a little of myself as well Murph. I still have yet to get to know August the Great but I will soon i'm sure.

Gary, I don't do the seatbelt thing either, unless I'm told to for whatever reason.

Wow...that blows my mind. Driving is more dangerous than the trees.

I guess as long as someone drives solo, no passengers, no seatbelt is OK...you only risk your own life. If you have any passengers (maybe grandkids or kids) and there is someone unbelted, the one with no belt becomes a missile ricocheting about inside the cab...often that is what injures/kills folks that might have otherwise survived. Terrible chance to take in my book...it puts folks trying to be safe at risk. My vehicle doesn't move unless everyone is belted in.

Your videos are great but you ought to rethink the safety stuff.

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!

It saved me from significant injury in an accident I had when I was a wild young one.

I don't even think about it when I belt up. It just comes natural, like breathing. Besides, I don't want to pay the fine.

Wow...that blows my mind. Driving is more dangerous than the trees.

I guess as long as someone drives solo, no passengers, no seatbelt is OK...you only risk your own life. If you have any passengers (maybe grandkids or kids) and there is someone unbelted, the one with no belt becomes a missile ricocheting about inside the cab...often that is what injures/kills folks that might have otherwise survived. Terrible chance to take in my book...it puts folks trying to be safe at risk. My vehicle doesn't move unless everyone is belted in.

Your videos are great but you ought to rethink the safety stuff.

Very true Gary, after all we only have one life to live.

Here's a Poplar I took down last Saturday.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G_3trtsUCZo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back