Tree felling vids

What if any relationship is there between Ace and Graeme McMahon?

Fairly heavy duty tool
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zeTGrXm9F68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A couple clients of mine have used a smaller version and we refer the guy out on some jobs. Does a real nice job with the right operator. Stehansen got to see one of the jobs he did when he visited up here and had some dinner one day :)

Cody, Are you in that video? I have watched that a million times.. How cool!

Silvey tree jacks are made just for jacking trees. Each ram is capable of 62 tons. In the following video, we used 4 rams:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdgMcbNwZ3o?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdgMcbNwZ3o?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I've never understood making the diagonal cut first on the face cut? Doing it that way, aren't you limited to the 'gun' you put the saw in at... By doing the horizontal cut first, you can adjust the 'gun' before making the diagonal cut. Lines up easy, in the direction you want it to go.

I have always made the diagonal cut first. It helps me set the gun right from the get go, step out front and any re adjusting can be done right then.

Also when making the bottom cut you can easily sight for the chain through the diagonal cut making sure you have zero bypass and a perfect cut. This is also the way/reason Davey teaches it @ DITS (Davey Institute of Tree Science) and Advanced Arborist School, all considered though there is certainly more than one way to skin a cat (MTOWTSAC).

We are planting 12000 Abies Normanniana for x-mas trees right now, in an area that was prepared by running a smaller version of that machine over it.
While it is certainly nice that all stumps and debris is gone, having to dig through 5-10" of schredded wood in order to hit soil is not.

the last company i worked for had a grinder similar to that but there's was mounted on a 330 cat excavator had a separate power unit to drive the grinder, talk about a blast to run, the only hard part about running it was showing restraint...

We are planting 12000 Abies Normanniana for x-mas trees right now, in an area that was prepared by running a smaller version of that machine over it.
While it is certainly nice that all stumps and debris is gone, having to dig through 5-10" of schredded wood in order to hit soil is not.

This is a truism. It does take longer.

the last company i worked for had a grinder similar to that but there's was mounted on a 330 cat excavator had a separate power unit to drive the grinder, talk about a blast to run, the only hard part about running it was showing restraint...

I love it! :lol:

How old are you anyways? You seem to be about my age, and loaded with know how and experience. I don't know anyone else my age that knows their way around this industry. Us young men with sawdust in our blood are a dying breed.

Back