Thoughts on treework prices nationwide

Sorry for being dense.

It is an option as I'm still an athlete though I would hopefully climb a lot less this go around.

I live back where I used to do treework. Starting again would be more realistic now, especially being that I could buy equipment much easier. I live in an area where difficult removals are rare, competition is high, and the main expectation for a client is not knowledge for the care of their trees but simply that there isn't any sawdust left behind.

Labor is hard to find at the moment. Yeah, even this close to Mexico.

Last edited:
I'm guessing people are getting lots of work for bargain pricing.
'Regarding Walmart comment'

Last edited:
I’ve never gone much beyond the FFP for tree work/firewood ... It seems like you really need a lot of gear , knowledge , insurance and good reliable/dependable help ... maybe $20g just to get the ball rolling ... I know I’ve got prob 10g in saws and kinetic splitter but the equipment has paid for itself and then some ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Charge more.

After reading some of these responses, I started charging more- 2600/day 3 men plus iron.

Charge more.

After reading some of these responses, I started charging more- 2600/day 3 men plus iron, for non storm situation.

Oh I hear ya loud and clear. Around here, lately, that number seems to fly.

My competition runs more guys and a forestry rig. We bid very close. He says the same prices. We will bid more by the tree though and push to up the take.

Prices are completely relative to your area. There is truly no comparable difference. There are sooo many variables involved

Which on 8 hour days puts you right around 225 an hour, which is definitely fair considering the iron you are bringing. I still think the time added for all equipment plus hourly labor rates plus extras holds true pretty much across the board. So the real question becomes what does everybody charge for their equipment per hour.

the definition of a "successful businessman" these days is someone who nets nothing.

Yes, you need to look beyond the smoke and mirrors.

The ability to see the complete outcome and interactions involved in what we do, seems to be nonexistent.