The Official Work Pictures Thread

That isn't half choke, that's the fast idle setting. The chain will spin when it starts so either make sure the chain is away from you, set the brake or both.

There is no half way position on my switch. It's either up or middle, with a spring-loaded down kill position, but then it returns to the middle.

I'm DONE with computer-carb saws, and I mean, DONE! Don't test me gentlemen... I'm warning you all. I'm freakin DONE!!! :X

Is the 562 Auto-Tune? If so... maybe I'll make an exception. :|:

Another good vid Rico. Thanks for posting.

Ps as for the auto tune huskys, I have found even after 5/10 minutes choking them is needed. No big deal, as long as you know.

As skwerl clarified a bit, you put the switch down into choke and then flip it up to run, which sets it to fast idle. Then pull and go.

IMG_2137.jpg
Easy climb and piece down the estimator said. Should be an easy Friday since he's keeping any decent firewood the boss said. Rotten ass willow. 3 loads of powder that I hauled in the bucket truck I said. Six sheets of plywood and no spurs attached and the bucket reached it. :X. I thought of The tahunne airwalk video as pieces just fell apart and then I remembered that he is an immortal and I am not
That's 50' of spar powder from a 60" dbh willow

Holy cow treebilly! I wasn't that impressed until I read the description and saw your saw in the picture for comparison. I'm impressed now.

God's country, and no mistake.

Reg, man... HA!!!... You've got some GOOD stuff on yer channel sir!!! Fer me, it's just a matter of trying to find a free 2-seconds to get some decent TV watching done around here! Freakin DOG'S life, mate!

After pruning and cabling this birch about 9 years ago, pruning it a few times over the years to reduce load, the customer decided to have this tree go away, rather than worry about it in storm season, while out of state for a few months. It had a decent sized cavity just above the main fork.

Was going to change to a brace rod and static system, but...

Speed-lined limbs and tops to the chipper, and swung pieces to the leader over the driveway. Hardly any dragging on this steep driveway, on the east side hill in Olympia. Birch will hang over on a strap quite often. I could fold over branches and tops, and small log chunks, hanging them on the strap, letting them fold over Without letting it smash my foot, then cutting them free, with minimal shockloading to the tree, and the groundman could hold all the speed lined pieces by hand. This removed the need for a line to prevent swinging into the neighboring birch or glass deck railing.

Firewooded down the last 20'.

Had low voltage lights, wide japanese maple on house side, concrete driveway and sidewalk. I accidently broke a pair of branches off a small rhododendron. Homeowner didn't fuss a bit.

Crashpad made of branches/ log chunks for log chunks worked out fine.

We put on a show for the homeowner and some of the neighbors.
At the end of the day, the neighbor wanted the chips. Other neighbor, who watched all day, wanted a bid. Steep work. Winching uphill work. Also wanted some 1-year-old maple firewood hauled out. Happens to contain figured wood.

IMG_20171206_100506772_HDR.jpg IMG_20171206_104219157.jpg IMG_20171206_123002779.jpg IMG_20171206_124412849.jpg IMG_20171206_133830773.jpg IMG_20171206_153306115.jpg IMG_20171206_165050178.jpg

Not to be a potty pooper, but I sure wouldn't have speedlined that. The drive was steep alright, but it was downhill all the way to the chipper.

Speedlining is a great tool to have in your kit, but on short drags it's really a timewaster.

Back