The Official Work Pictures Thread

That middle video made me dizzy, Denver!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ufE8l1vFVjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sprout removal from old, large cuts.

The lower tree was stuck by lightning, blowing off a leader, lodging itself in the big madrona.

The lightning stuck tree is probably going South.

I'll cut all the sprouty willows on the bank, and vertically- reduce a few alders.

All material stays on the steep slope.

These high-bank water front and water view properties are common in Olympia. Some primary residence, some vacation homes. Seattle is close and has stinking rich people.

Jed the 562XP is bone stock. I also got a 550XP that cuts like a raped ape! I gave up on hot-rodded saws a long time ago. If it don't kick ass stock it ain't a good saw.

Well, I'll be damned.
We actually agree on something:lol:

Jed, somebody has to be the asshole around here.
Guess it is my turn.

That hinge looks like one of Daniel Murphy's secret cuts.
Or maybe like somebody, not used to running a bar that can't reach all the way through, was doing it.

Hinge is way thicker in one side.

Now tell me that was on purpose, to compensate for lean, and I'll shut up, pronto:P

Well, I'll be damned.
We actually agree on something:lol:

I think we can agree that we are both assholes! Agreed? Seriously though some of these new Huskys feel like hot rodded saws right out of the box without all the hassles.

As far as starting the 562 you put it in chock position till it pops then put it in the run position and when it fires up do not touch a thing for about 30 seconds so the chip can sort everything out. Should be good to go for the rest of the day unless you let it cool down.

First start from sitting overnight is not usually the problem. It's after I've run it for a few cuts, then turn it off for 5-10 min, then try to restart. Whether I choke it or not on the restart attempt, it flat won't go,even with a dozen pulls. I have to hold the throttle on full and pull about 6 times to get it started.

Jed, somebody has to be the asshole around here.
Guess it is my turn. ... ...
Or maybe like somebody, not used to running a bar that can't reach all the way through, was doing it.

Hinge is way thicker in one side.

Now tell me that was on purpose, to compensate for lean, and I'll shut up, pronto:P

This. (the "not used to running a shorty," bit) As to the "asshole," remark... you couldn't be wronger. You have absolutely no idea how much your appreciated around here.

Denver: That flat-out rocked.

Sean: Looks like some good, honest work to me.

Here's the General's (rather protracted, imho) vid of the pig goin over... https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=NzNrN0RBSVRCOVlOcmhKYnZrajlIR2VvVml3WTlR

Heres some random pics... (The good ones, shot in the sun are from the General Sherman. The snotty ones, shot in today's blowing snot, are from me.)...

KIMG0412.JPG KIMG0411.JPG KIMG0410_01.JPG KIMG0414.JPG unnamed-1564.jpg unnamed-1565.jpg unnamed-1566.jpg

Ohhh... In all honesty, Stig... yes I was trying to compensate for a fairly monster limb-lean. (See vid.)

Three dead trees this morning. One good sized spreading blue with side weight, two crispy ponds with back lean and side weight. HO is restoring all the old buildings on this pond including the out house target. They fought, I won with wedges and a couple pull lines. Last one isI had to trim some offending limbs off to clear the roof as I slid it by. Some fodder off the last one. They will process the wood and burn the slash. 20171128_120104.jpg 20171128_120053.jpg 20171128_120035.jpg 20171128_114940.jpg 20171128_114409.jpg 20171128_114447.jpg
This one tried to BBC. Real punky dry out side wrapped around a fat wood pitch center.

Attachments

• IMG950695.jpg
    IMG950695.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG950697.jpg
    IMG950697.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG950700.jpg
    IMG950700.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 63
Sap filled fat wood center held while crispy punky paper like outside popped. Under tension from skid steer. And not over tensioned. Just did it. The consistency of the different hinge woods caused the failure. Probably should have gutted it, but I was afraid the side weight would pull it to the out houee. It had a large sweep in it too with back lean.

I throw my 562 to half choke, when it?s being cold blooded like that. Seems to fire right back up every time. That?s the trick my dealer showed me. Worked for the top 540xp as well.

Sap filled fat wood center held while crispy punky paper like outside popped. Under tension from skid steer. And not over tensioned. Just did it. The consistency of the different hinge woods caused the failure. Probably should have gutted it, but I was afraid the side weight would pull it to the out houee. It had a large sweep in it too with back lean.

Micro BC! I hate punky wood.

Yep, that was the kind of tree, that if it asked:" Does my ass look big in these jeans" you'd have to answer YES!

First start from sitting overnight is not usually the problem. It's after I've run it for a few cuts, then turn it off for 5-10 min, then try to restart. Whether I choke it or not on the restart attempt, it flat won't go,even with a dozen pulls. I have to hold the throttle on full and pull about 6 times to get it started.
You might try this, works for me.
https://youtu.be/lUChc8SvWjg

Stig... you make me laugh.
More Murica than most around here.
You've got it down.
Got it wired.
1607211d4981cbc1639f1016dbd89d1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pic of todays/tomorrow's grand for removal. Aweful tree in a tight spot. Lots if rigging. Pitch bubbles bursting every which way. 2017-11-29 16.25.30.jpg

We're gonna need more pics and hopefully some video as well Reg.🤞

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back