The Official Work Pictures Thread

Don't we all! It's not much use for twiggy stuff unless it's really small.

Used in combination with a backpack blower for stump clearups it's good.

If I was still in the game I'd be looking to put a rake/broom on the machine.

Hell on big dead drops I'd use the bmg grapple. Get it to lay flat wide open and feather it along the ground to 'rake' up bits. Hard on the grapple, fittings and hoses you'd think but I basically flogged mine as brutally as possible for the duration of its life with me.

IMG_0570.jpg

Less and faster cleanup seems like one of the biggest advantages of a crane. Most trees come down pretty fast with a bucket or good climber or good sawyer, but the clean up sucks.

Yah. I remember always being real excited if I could lay a tree out, but I'm almost certain with nearly anything dead it would still be more efficient to chunk it down into a smaller zone. Pretty hard to fight the urge to lay something out when it fits though.

I used to laugh and call it 'three minutes of glory followed by three hours of boredom'.

That's a great grapple Justin... we had one on a ditch witch at the P.

I get to put some tree pics up...finally something taller than a popcorn fart.

Got to rig every single thing out of this tree.
Got it down to a 30 foot stick...tomorrow is the wood over a fence.....and artificial turf everywhere..had to blue tarp the backyard...so as not to mix saw chips with gravel... per request. You got it!

876b4ef33eaae689ffac5f7375a7bb67.jpg
c9e54ffeb1cd1461eb7a3e934a504f71.jpg
f12911635dc22d65208c9d879293d7d9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It was a gorgeous incense cedar... just too big... and too messy... I got a good price so I took it.

The hardest part will be the wood tomorrow...gonna try the plywood tire crash pad...didn't ekka make a video about that? ... and then grinding it of course.

Ha.

Just getting out of the "Fun Size" zone this morning...nice tall pondie, limb up, throw top and chunky monkey to 40ft...fell spar.

Then climbed and removed 2 small cypress trees by house.

001.jpg

034.jpg

039.jpg

Whoa!..thats a big ugly Willie...its where bucket trucks come in handy...Id rather be a 'bucket baby' than climb it..lol

Yeah, 42"wasn't enough up there. Sure didn't want to climb it. Had a yellow jacket nest in the bottom face cut, that's why I'm wearing a hoodie tied around my face. Came swarming out when busted the face out with the Axe. I think the smoke saved me

Slam! So big and mushy!

Here's the tire/plywood crash pad in action...worked like a charm.

Gonna grind it tomorrow with the AM. Blasters on!
9cbfaddc9cb2d4e4ad0d455e04868e54.jpg
3fdc2c02abe9465aebb34cc6687d9909.jpg

Nice. So the crash pad worked well? Did the plywood survive, just curious.

Its important the pieces land flat...so Shae did well with chunking it out and flipping them flat....The top layer... 3/4 inch got nuked..we cut it up and dumped with the wood..bottom layer, same size was pristine...kept that one.....total wood disposal...$130 @ dump and $14 in bridge toll to get to the cheap dump..if I dumped in the city...easily $700.... tied the tires together...very important...

It was a good day.

Back