The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yah hedging was cutthroat here. My last couple of years with the business I cut it almost completely out. So hard on the hands using a hedge trimmer too.

I have a 1000$ hedge coming up, part of a 2650$ job, I'll be lucky to finish in a day. #workingformillionaires

I don't enjoy hedging but when the money is right I'll do it. I tend to price myself out of it though. As for my boss, he finds other uses for me and has someone else shear bushes. Wish I had some pics from today's removal but I was pressed for time with to many utilities. Third day in a row that the stem was within MAD of the primaries. 22 more removals in this small town and only two more near power. They have to wait till the bats decide to leave.

Bats are so cool. I scared one out of hiding accidentally today on a chimney job. They had a big fancy 'hood' hiding the chimney tops and as I was knocking creosote out of it a bat flew out and scared the hell out of me. Only the one though.

Odd thing is the customer had just previously been telling me how they had lots of bats around and quite enjoyed that. And then here it comes up again. I feel like frigging batman today!

Bats. Interesting that for quite a few years I had em around my house every evening ( in the warm weather), then for the last 2 or 3 years, nada. Now they are back again. Makes me happy knowing they're making their living and getting rid of some skeeter for me.

Cory, I don't stress much now when running the crane. Has kinda become second nature, really don't think about stuff much now. I tell Robby what I got it set at and he cuts. Feed it to Brutus, repeat. First time in my life I have no money issues, got it covered.

Love my crane

I was able to get paid so well because I didn't want the job.
And they think I'm Gods gift to Tree work...and hedging.

aug

Cory, I don't stress much now when running the crane. Has kinda become second nature, really don't think about stuff much now. I tell Robby what I got it set at and he cuts. Feed it to Brutus, repeat. First time in my life I have no money issues, got it covered.

Love my crane

I bet you don't do any hedges. :D

Paul, Damn that is sweet.

With all the good money you are making, do you ever think of getting a bigger crane? I know in the past you have said you are totally set with this one, but just wondering, if it is such a money making gig, maybe a newer, bigger one would be that much more of a good thing, including mas dinero.

If Paul whips out a pic of someone tied into the ball trimming hedges. ......well........I'll have to eat crow....or hedge trimmings as it may be, I guess.

I topped a huge Norway spruce hedge with a crane. A large pita but far less so than doing it sans crane.

There you go! I'm sure it happens. I just hate hedging. Probably so resentful because I've lost money on it so many times. Just like adding salt to the wound hearing about August cleaning house with his. Damn good money.

So you wouldn't have disagreed with my almost-post re hard to make money at hedges;)

Dstimber,..I like the track drive nifty lifts too, I rented a td120 for a week and really liked it, so easy to get right into where you need to be placed without having to be hitched to a truck to move it. Can set everything from in the basket too, including driving.

D. Driver hedges with his crane.
Ya Squish I did that hedge personally but nope I don't go for hedges. Although there is something I like about them, the simplicity of geometric shapes and curves, similar to the simplicity of a removal in my opinion. I always wanted some sort of laser for hedging.

aug

"Ogre-ed" some stuff up today for a long term customer. Hardly broke a sweat.

He's retired, and was cleaning out the back patch. His childhood home built by his father. We used a trailer for little stuff that he built with his dad, 59 years ago, with a drop-axle from a '39 Ford.

Ripped out some stumps. He will have good access now.

Way better than the 5 hours of chipping in round one.

I found a grapple truck service that might fit all of this for $400. Might not all fit. 23' box, about 5' sides. More material than it shows, probably double.

70 year old customer cut and stacked a huge amount of hazelnut and Vine maple, plus we added more trees to it.

He has some nice big trees there, $150' fir. Honkin' big cedar stump remnants. Says he has never seen it so cleared out in all his life. He'll have a walking trail... Plenty of wood chips to line it. IMG_20170809_171614461.jpg

Back