The Official Work Pictures Thread

Great pic, Paul. The simple tools of blocks of wood/dunnage can get a lot of work done.

Paul you are the cribbing king! You would have been a great engineer.
Knocking it out Jed! No one could ever replace the Jedi in my book. You are the lord of the hinge.

Yeah, a ways, at least ten years I'd say.
Thanks for the high complements friend, though I can't imagine what I could've taught you. (Remember WWBD?)
My business is going well at the moment but I've learned that cruise control doesn't help with steering, still need a hand on the wheel. You can gutter ball your business pretty quickly without a little attention. I just try to keep her between the white lines most of the time 😀

As it has to be.

WWBD :lol:8);)

Willie, I think it was mostly attitude I learned from you, or at least had confirmed by you.

Don't fly off the handle even though it is not unreasonable to do so...act like a grownup and expect the same from your people. Don't forget that the work is HARD, so missing the mark off and on doesn't mean the employee is worthless. Don't blow a fuse when things don't go right, or even go very badly wrong.

Works to one's advantage in work and in life.

Good stuff all, son.

Well, yeah, I do strive to be that way though I do fly off the handle occasionally, but never with an employee. I preach to myself "it's just business". It either works for both parties or neither, employees, clients, business associates etc. Helps the demeanor

Too much free time...

Designed a new dining chair, first in painted cardboard to get an idea, then out of some old Pine with upholstery. Still a prototype with some things to work out, but with the curve across the back, quite comfortable to sit in. Not so keen on the front leg, kind of stiff.

Attachments

• DSC_0004 copy.JPG
    DSC_0004 copy.JPG
    874.9 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0009 2 copy.JPG
    DSC_0009 2 copy.JPG
    581.5 KB · Views: 54
Nice, but I agree about the front leg being too linear.
Needs a little curve worked in, somehow.

Haha, Jim.

That's beautiful Jay!! You do amazing work, thank you for sharing it.

Rigged this one over this morning. Took a lot of pull to stand it up. I was worried the stump might be split into quarters, but it was actually very solid. Minimal damage to it's neighbor, which was sighted as being in the line of fire for this plan. . .

17321547_1305999679435970_512601210_n.jpg

17270079_1305999806102624_1187588491_n.jpg

17270744_1305999742769297_1331226207_n.jpg

17270647_1305999979435940_703209011_n.jpg

17321370_1306000096102595_197304170_n.jpg

Thanks for the chair comments, appreciate the input.

Sam, nice job, it looks like a tricky pull arrangement that you had going there. Trying to figure out what you are showing. You had the two leads tied together with a holding line on the one leaning over the white house, then a main pull on the straight lead? Pulling with the block connected to another rope under tension, never have done that method.

Thanks!

Jay, I used an eye sling to connect the two leads, both lines were hooked up a little off center on that, the red pull line, and a blue control line. The guy had a sucker covered stump and a nice stout maple at the back corners of the lot, which I used to set that floating re-direct. The control line was really only going to help if it sat back really hard, as soon as the pull line had control it lost tension. . .

Little winch pulled it over pretty easily. Or would have, on the first try, if I hadn't inadvertently left the choke partially on. :|:

ETA: It would have been cool to maintain tension with the blue line somehow, like at least tend the slack through a heavy duty rope grad or something. . .

A floating re-direct, though I have never used that method, I can sure envision applications. Sam, thanks for the explanation. One further question, what is the black thing that your block is attached to at the re-direct?

I've got two Tirfors, a larger and smaller, and pretty rare that they get used at the same time. I guess one could be used for a floating re-direct if needed. I've been scratching my head on a job where there is no direct pull attachment available, but lots of trees in the area that could enable a floating attachment. You've given a good tip.

Back