The Official Work Pictures Thread

I use never seize on my chipper knife bolts. An old disc chipper I used to maintain I put it on the mating surface of the knife cause it would rust in place if not

I like the idea and removal results later of using never seize. Bandit advises not to use it on chipper knife bolts because it changes the torque numbers. Wish they would come up with proper no's with NS.

Ray: I can hardly believe that stump. Did you guys take lunch or something? How could it bleed out that much? Do they just flow-out that much in minutes?

Grendel: Nice. Looks like the Husqy got to eat.

Here we have some Scoth Pine. Man, I've never really fell this stuff before... holds like a sonofagun. We've got two days to get 14 trees for a golf-course. Fall/rig, limb and buck only. The greens crew guys are dealing with it. Lots of restrictions: pool, tennis court, lights and a fire-hydrant, but we still had a pretty good shot to stretch out about 7 of the 10 we got today. The other 4 lean hard over the tennis court.

unnamed-874.jpg

This pig side-leaned HARD. 90 degree 3/4 Sampson worked a charm.

unnamed-875.jpg unnamed-880.jpg unnamed-878.jpg unnamed-881.jpg unnamed-884.jpg unnamed-883.jpg unnamed-882.jpg

What kinda hieght are you getting on those Jed? Ours top out around 75' here. Probably something to do with climate and soil. I've been in a few close to 100' but they were bean pole woods scotch pine. Don't forget to nip your corners on the hinge wood for taking tops or chunking down. The sap wood loves to tear.

Ours stay pretty small here (everything in Central Oregon for the most part). Fun to rig the long limbs, since the holding wood is so easily manipulated and reliable! They seem to be very suseptible to mountain pine beetle, so we slay a fair number. Brittle limbs when dead.

What kinda hieght are you getting on those Jed? Ours top out around 75' here.

Funny you should say that... I was guessing at the tallest yesterday to be about 70', but your hundred footer is probably really common in the managed stands in Scotland. Maybe 120' in forest stands. Man, they're beautiful trees. I really like em.

Simply Arbor: Yup. Two of these were stone dead, and the sapwood was pretty filled with stain. Still hinged great, because very recently dead. They're killing the good ones cause they don't get enough light to thier swimming pool. :|:

Wow. Those some tall trees up thete.

Some of the latest. Waited all morning for that car to move, at least he got a ticket for my effort working over his car.

6869f6495b96b1efb63d25818efb19be.jpg

57710f3b30d1e355853b535693a792d2.jpg

Why is my tree listing? Was it the concrete worker with the sawsall?

f2f672643d5a0f3542df98881148f9b4.jpg

What a beautiful house.
The tree really makes it POP! Ha.

fac8fd7cd292c28a0988fc4e6ef2680a.jpg

Followed the street cleaner in my neighborhood fixing trees.....In the afternoons running a see all this caca and just gotta do something.....otherwise they get torn up and trashed.
07f0fc9cc5bc6618271077ab91fe3361.jpg

I love hinges that hold, lay a pine in a tight spot, high and holding hinge, soft landing, no bouncing all over the place, buck into firewood standing up and no dirt in the chainsaw.

Great pics and work.

Question for you Jed, I notice you are using rope for your chainsaw lanyard. Do you not use some kind of breakaway option, what with you working for a big Co.
Just curious that's all.

...Why is my tree listing? Was it the concrete worker with the sawsall?... ...What a beautiful house.
The tree really makes it POP!...

Dude, you should have Paypal on your posts. I'd really contribute a good little bit. Your sense of humor really helps a brother out. Also: you're a good man for cutting the little guy loose. Take care of them trees bro, might be the only shot of God's Green Earth some of the poor folk get in that jungle. (Enter Guns-N-Roses song--or not... it'll just get stuck in my head, and I can't stand those guys.)

Mick: The "big company," stuff is really funny... just heaps and heaps and heaps of rules with nobody running around who's willing to enforce them. As Jim would say... "Jackwagons." Yeah... Just a bit of 3-strand lowering line (The only stuff I can splice :|:). All of the break-away stuff that we have available to us in the States is just rather two-dimensional and slippery. The three strand when coated with a bit of pitch--which, some would argue we have an overabundance of--lets you snatch up the saw rather better. And to Butch's point...

Butch: Beating a Dead Horse here brother, but still... It's only ever gonna be dangerous if a guy is Jackwagon enough to saw in his back-cut ABOVE his under-cut. (Or: If it's a horizontal branch... farther toward the branch-tip than his undercut.

Man I drank a lot just now. Only two of these, but still... really lubes the fingers over the keyboard, unfortunately for you fellers. 8.2% Alcohol... Wow!
unnamed-888.jpg

O.k... So, yeah,... here's a coupla shots from the five (I said four, but it endedup being 5.) from today.

unnamed-885.jpg

I'z proud of Andy today. He manned-up and fell these three sticks in a decently tight shot, while I was up in the fourth tree. He hesitated on the third. I go, "Dude, FALL IT. I'll take a picture of you fallin it!" He stinkin hit the sidewalk!... But it didn't break!! Oh, thank you God. Won't even show ya the hinge pics. :O

unnamed-886.jpg unnamed-887.jpg

Butch: Beating a Dead Horse here brother, but still... It's only ever gonna be dangerous if a guy is Jackwagon enough to saw in his back-cut ABOVE his under-cut. (Or: If it's a horizontal branch... farther toward the branch-tip than his undercut.

Why do you even bother with a lanyard?

I've honestly "knock on wood" never had a use for a break away saw lanyard......I can't say I've ever had a saw snatched either....though I watched a supervisor back cutting horizontal limbs behind the undercut....the first 4 worked out the 5th destroyed a beauty 460....

But....I hear it's a thing to have a breakaway saw lanyard.

I worked under grounding for a guy for One day.....He never used a saw lanyard.....just unhooked made a bunch of cuts then hooked it back to his saddle. I didn't feel comfortable with him.....he later walked off the job for something else entirely....I think he was from Arizona or something. Hippy.

I worry more about the saw than the groundies.

No groundies under me when I'm aloft. When they do get under me, I tell them to never take their eyes off me... pretend that I'm gonna try to kill them.

I always used a bungee breakaway lanyard on a 200 and then a solid lanyard on the bigger saws.

A competitor of mine 'hooked' his climb saw on and 2nd hand I heard of atleast a few times it plummeted.

Back