The Official Work Pictures Thread

Great pictures everyone.

Finally a job with a half decent weather system, a camera and a bit of time and remembering to take some pictures...

Had a large beech to dismantle today at one of the site we work at. Got a much larger one to do in a week or so with a 65t crane coming in to save my back ;)
Today's was on the edge of woodland so just flopping the limbs top and fell. A decent area to land stuff in and stack on site, we just couldn't obliterate the surrounding woodland (too much)

The tree had been condemned by a consultant and due to the lean, ganoderma brackets at the base and liability issues meant she had had her day.

Put a couple of picture up for Jed, can you guess which ones? Felled the stick waist height as it was a bit punky at the bottom.

b03ee60dd8e2fd3272bc42b6fd68cedb.jpg

72524e09bd44d5900cc2996b3f7e0c85.jpg

f9883d1e8efb9eba53104ef7341a3e87.jpg

a18ceb72d75f7eddf1fe55576a7f6158.jpg

79c99ca6c202b379797e5318e1f07759.jpg

0e241d48a370ab7f6c00938fedf1c23a.jpg

2b118dabf7d5438b9d6e3ed0ed8724cd.jpg

Rich

Yes Butch, the tree only took 2.5 hours including a piss break before I popped the stem over. It was the 2.5 hour drive there and back that made the day long..

Rich

That tree didn't look like much in the first "walk-up" picture...then I see you standing on it...I call it a biggun.:D

Love the signature feet and hinge shot for you-know-who.

2.5 hours??? Brexit has not slowed you down any!

Cheers Gary.

One of the lads got a quick vid of it going over. Not the best quality.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ia8z6SMB1SI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers Gary.

One of the lads got a quick vid of it going over. Not the best quality.

Ha! Good enough. That beech is some tenacious wood...almost a slow motion fell.

I love beech trees, encourage their growth here...but have never cut one down. Looking forward to working in one some day. Be sure to get picts of the big one with the crane next week. I always like to see Stig's pictures of his beech work.

Yep..it's the scrawny dudes that can't do anything that are the problem...no big muscle mass must not be able to do much. Funny, it's the big strong guys at the gyms I have been to that avoided body weight work...had some try to climb the rope...too MUCH body mass for their muscles...they could squat and press hundreds pounds of weight. They looked awesome and were strong in the gym...able to handle their own body weight...nah. Climb a rope to save their life...nope. Ray...I see you winking that eye there.:D
I was dead serious Gary! I was shooting my bow one day and a big Lee Haney looking dude came up and asked if he could try it. He couldn't get that bow drawn to save his life. It tore him up that I could draw and shoot pretty effortlessly. It was obviously more technique than muscle cause he had plenty of the latter.

Yep..it's the scrawny dudes...

And then there are just plain-ol freaks of nature. Wow. I watched the vid. That's some mean stuff. Are you faking your age in your avatar, or was that vid from when you were 27?

Ray: Technique? What technique besides brute strength is required to bend a man's compound bow?

U.K. Rich: Ahhh....... man..... as far as I'm concerned they were ALL for me. Feast for the eyes that job was, and well done. Man, that Beach is so pretty on the stump eh? I wanna lick the stump or something... smell it at the very least. Does Beach have a very "green" smell? Saw the vid too... man, you've got some hungry rakers on that chain...:rockon:

I wanna lick the stump or something... smell it at the very least./QUOTE]

:lol: Jedi...you are killing me...but I totally understand.

Vid was probably 4 years ago...age is correct. Don't smoke...anything. ..or drink. Eat reasonably, exercise regularly. Good genes maybe. Not that strong now but still get around ok.

Not worried, sounds like you can't book a full week of work already ;)

I can understand a scrawny dude would see muscle mass as fat..... I'd get you into shape putting some muscle on your bones.:P

Again, nah, I would be bored out of my brain working with you judging by your under par treework pics. Thanks anyhow.

And I'm happy with my muscle mass lol

I was dead serious Gary! I was shooting my bow one day and a big Lee Haney looking dude came up and asked if he could try it. He couldn't get that bow drawn to save his life. It tore him up that I could draw and shoot pretty effortlessly. It was obviously more technique than muscle cause he had plenty of the latter.
Tree guys have developed triceps. Pole saw work maybe. I've never been a gym guy but I went with a buddy once and he put me on this butterfly kinda machine, I ended up doing the entire stack of weights (no idea how much) and he was blown away. I'm no big muscular guy but I just figured those were pole saw muscles. Same ones for the bow.

Whooped this stump by hand with a Pulaski....Did the job on street cleaning thinking this Beemer would move, so they got the woodchuck treatment and a parking ticket.

3dc7d932c9cfd79264a2596495ca7808.jpg

Lifted this euc off muni wires on Sacramento St

dd1ef01cb1124f8884b969942928308a.jpg

I'll challenge you to arm wrestling.

Any day of the week. :drink:

:)

Only caveat... I gotta go left since I tore the right's bicep...

Back