The Official Work Pictures Thread

Great pictures people.

Just sat at the airport in London awaiting my flight to Oslo. Hopefully will get some interesting jobs when I am out there.

Jed is guilty of 200t abuse...looky, he's plonked it UPSIDE down just to take a picture...poor thing abandoned like that for another's glory. Sigh. ;)

Great pics guys. Muddy mess is right Rich, beautiful work as usual.
I'm guessing that was another laurel oak Joel? Climbing those things now is like a box of chocolates............
Jed that was a heck of a tight spot but I don't see a rigging line, were you able to bomb everything down in that little hole?
Scott you're the pondo commando. That looks like fun, clean work man. Do you have two climbing lines?
Sorry for all the questions, just curious how the real pros rock.

Ben... the first commercial faller I saw do that was from NorCal. Supposed to hold side lean if done on the tension side, but it really only works well on Fir, Oak, and other good-hinging woods.

A tapered hinge has worked well for me.

:lol: ...Yeah, right, Ray... You've got more professionalism in your little finger than I've got in my whole body.

And yes: just light little fluffy limbs on those tightly packed in Firs, so no rigging. We try to avoid negative-blocking most of our "dog-hair," trees (say up to 27" dbh or so) if we can help it. A great trick with our rain-soaked ground is to just rough up a small patch with the Pulaski, to bomb little single or double "firewood" chunks into. Not a perfect plan and on Florida ground?... maybe not so much.

August: I'm in Snoqualmie, WA just Northwest of North Bend if you've ever been that way on Interstate 90, but that job was in Bellevue.

Fi: I was actually punishing it for the eternal carb issues it now wants to throw at me.

Rich: Yeah, I coulda saved myself the boring-cut for sure.

Rajan: That's tried and true wisdom, but harder to wedge. Should have used a rope.

Scott you're the pondo commando. That looks like fun, clean work man. Do you have two climbing lines?

Ray, that second line (red one) is a long lanyard about 30+ish ft....I toss it over a limb to deadwood down the trunk, gotta have a 2nd TIP always with basal tie...I can get a lot done before having to relocate it or choke around trunk but dont use it on smaller trees, have a shorter one for them

Ray, that second line (red one) is a long lanyard about 30+ish ft....I toss it over a limb to deadwood down the trunk, gotta have a 2nd TIP always with basal tie...I can get a lot done before having to relocate it or choke around trunk but dont use it on smaller trees, have a shorter one for them
Thanks Scott.

Working on big codominant pine today...
d506d44617738ca8adc82494548ad822.jpg

78a47c9b0b3bd436828218fcfca92af2.jpg
7cce21021131b4d7c56d9888a230c186.jpg
bb9696c2e67270bfc75435243ba800ef.jpg
0a416751492c0362164dba3e11171972.jpg

Me in my power ranger uniform...
2f1066440329474934598bf36dc14db4.jpg

Jed, I've done massive maple removals in Snoqualmie Pass.
I'll try to put some old pictures of it up in the next couple days. Was about 20 years ago.

Jed it looks like you are standing on a frikkin' pencil. That shot of the skinny spar disappearing into blackness bothered me some.

But I doooos love those hinges.

August, some interesting juxtapositions of trunk and the house in background...good shots.

Jed, I've done massive maple removals in Snoqualmie Pass.
I'll try to put some old pictures of it up in the next couple days. Was about 20 years ago.

That'd be really cool to see. I didn't even know that they had any BLM up there. I've done some big Grand Fir removals up there, but that's it. Cool place for sure up there. Man, that big ol' pine looked like a pain in the neck. Cool graft shot though. Weird to see you standing with your spurs on the part you have already cut. I can't stand doing that for some reason... like I can't get my spurs to sink in well enough or something. Anyway... good shots. Thanks.

Gary: You could do that skinny little tree any day of the week.

Awesome pics guys. Y'all definitely get put into some fun looking trees. Makes the stuff I do really look small and not picture worthy lol.

Yes, they got them. All covered with big hanging Moss.
Interesting, I actually love standing on lumber wood like that. I even enjoy climbing wooden privacy fences with my spurs. It feels so James Bond.

...I even enjoy climbing wooden privacy fences with my spurs...

I know what you mean... just sink one well-purposed gaff into the stained or treated wood 4x4, and up and over you go. Doesn't even tend to leave a conspicuous, "wound." The boys always laugh at you though... like you're a disgusting cheater at the homeowner's expense.

I know what you mean... just sink one well-purposed gaff into the stained or treated wood 4x4, and up and over you go. Doesn't even tend to leave a conspicuous, "wound." The boys always laugh at you though... like you're a disgusting cheater at the homeowner's expense.

D pens on which side of the fence you are on. I hope I am not evil. I have just gone right up the fence boards. Or if the fence is too nice, lean a piece of plywood against the fence and then spur climb the plywood.

Back