The Official Work Pictures Thread

It was ok, he kept shuffling it up until he could get a decent grip.
We are also using a winch tractor with a cable to get wood out the other end.
It's as close as I've ever been to forestry work, scrambling over multiple fallen trees to attach chains to stuff etc.
It's very hard and dangerous work. I wouldn't want to do that every working day.
Good money on the job though, if I can pull it off in the time I allowed.

Ill make a guess, using local prices. 60t would be $1650.00 for the day. 3 man crew with small chipper, no bucket, call it $1600.00 normally or $3000.00 for the high price, call the stumps $2k including cleanup, say $1000.00 for wood removal.

$7650.39.

Too high!

Our usual crane guy sold his crane, and recommended this one.
$250/hr which is way cheap for a 60 tons here. Very good, experienced operator ( He loved the SENAS BTW) We'll be using him from now on.
Being able to lift 4 tons 40 meters out is great:D

Only a 2 man crew, one in the tree and one to unhook and cut into 15 foot lengths.
No chipper, since a local religious idiot with 2 trucks did the removal for free to better his standing with god, and to get the wood ( He heats a chicken farm with chips) we also don't have to clean up after stump grinding, the grave diggers do that.
6 grand in round numbers.

I really like that log truck. I want one so bad.
Soft narrow dam like that has to be hard to work logs on. Especially side picking.
You ever want to run up and down hills again Mick, you can always come visit ;)

That'll work, too.
I feared they got turned into firewood, and the price of ash logs is quite good right now.

Cool looking job Mick. Trees aren't left to grow on dams around here. DNR spends a lot of money mowing dams and levees(?) every year. Jobs like that help break up the monotony of the job

Dog is welcome here but won't be welcome back to Europe

Just so all of yawl Know I enjoy visiting tree guys, don't have great digs but if you aint fussy we will make you welcome

I worked with Bixler Tree today removing a black oak between 2 homes, but nothing like brian's Big Pondo tree that he was removing in not so friendly drop zone area

My tree.... ezy sqeezy

uhw2gFQ.jpg

Brian did a awesome job zip-lining and chunking it all down :thumbup::thumbup: wish I could have got more pics but was busy with HO's add on's...

jGlTado.jpg

xT4ljq8.jpg

Sb9EnLw.jpg

EFyKevT.jpg

Dog is welcome here but won't be welcome back to Europe

Just so all of yawl Know I enjoy visiting tree guys, don't have great digs but if you aint fussy we will make you welcome

Brother Beranek crashed on my LazyBoy recliner for three or four nights!

And Bodean, too! :beer:

I feared they got turned into firewood, and the price of ash logs is quite good right now.

Where, Stig?! I think there's a glut of them in the US, now that EAB has exploded.

Shipping my five to China or Vietnam would probably not be cost effective...darn it! :lol:

Europe!
Chinks don't want no wood that has beetle attack, they are smarter than that.
I had to tell the buyer that the holes in the fir logs we sent off a couple of years ago were from my caulk boots.
He thought they were beetle holes and didn't want the wood.

Monkey chunky. Nice work you two. :thumbup:
Did not look like the california golden pines of late though ;)

chunkey monkey from a hundred feet down....wore me out just watching from my tree's :sleepy1: lol

pondo close to home with a lean....not golden, just the price $$ haha

Back