The Official Work Pictures Thread

Cheers, on spurs there would've been a few gulps before the back cut from me.

We talked about it for a bit. On Spurs would've put the bucket clear out of any risk. The root rot and trunk rot had me worried. I would've definately gulped a few times also

I need a crane also Paul.

Mr Ben and Risky, yaal boys need a crane!!

No sh1t! Times are changing here. Rob wants to sell up. I'm gonna start out contract climbing, maybe travel around z bit. Full climb and rig kit and saws, just need wheels. Will make a nice change to work with different people! Being in the same crew 5 years gets monotonous. So if any of yall need a hand and it's feasible get in touch!

04efbebaa70a91f9fe367d462b3869db.jpg

The landscapers hired by the Homeowners Association have neglected one of the common areas.

What happens to the tree now that the cambium has grown around the black fabric???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOTS Tree Busters at it again!
Big branch reduction on Aleppo Pine, bottom left, really bad lean and about to uproot, HO wanted weight off

pjGuOXnl.jpg

some older sudden branch drop deodar cedar limbs about 6 had folded over and some wasn't attached just hanging there 8) 8)

tDoLQYSl.jpg

image.jpg
This was the fun we had in the light rain today( until 2:30 when it became a heavy rain). Three silver maples all covered in some sorts of vine or ivy to be removed. That old airstream has been there for 25 years and still doesn't leak. Those things are amazing. County had to purchase the trees to be removed after they redesigned the road and flooded out the property. They now have to upgrade their drainage system to handle the extra water. We did get them down to spars before the rain got to bad and we had a small lake forming under the truck. Back tomorrow for a few small trees around a culvert and drop the logs.

Some tall firs out in Sooke today:

Attachments

• DSC04323.jpg
    DSC04323.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC04324.JPG
    DSC04324.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC04329.jpg
    DSC04329.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC04332.jpg
    DSC04332.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC04338.JPG
    DSC04338.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 59
What would you say the dbh on those were Reg? Thanks for the pics, btw. :thumbup:

Nothing to write home about Jed. They just grow fast in that particular region. Very slow taper. I got some video of that job, Ill edit when I have time. Thanks

Wow! Those ARE some super pictures, Reg. Thanks for sharing.

Why did the customer want those two removed particularly and not some of the others close to the house?

Nothing to write home about Jed. They just grow fast in that particular region. Very slow taper. I got some video of that job, Ill edit when I have time. Thanks

Sweet. We've actually been dumping a lot of the firewood that we've been calling "Fat-ringed Fir," just because we can't find homes for it and the really tight-grained stuff burns so very much hotter and longer. I absolutely HATE dumping any Fir at all, but that's just the way it is around here. Jay would kill me if he saw some of the tight-grain in my stove at this very moment.

Wow! Those ARE some super pictures, Reg. Thanks for sharing.

Why did the customer want those two removed particularly and not some of the others close to the house?

They were just paranoid of one failing. I have one ore to remove and then a couple days wind firming a large stand on the embankment. Hard to tell but those trees were only 40 feet from the ocean.

They were just paranoid of one failing. I have one ore to remove and then a couple days wind firming a large stand on the embankment. Hard to tell but those trees were only 40 feet from the ocean.

Thanks. Makes sense. That must be a beautiful property!

I recommended a consulting Arborist make the call on the strategy. There's one particular guy in Victoria who magages situations like all the time....more often in the aftermath of a lot-clearance, the trees that get retained are now very vulnerable to the wind. I'll get the work, but I don't carry the insurance to make recommendations on paper. This guy has decades of case studies in the region under his belt too, so is the right man for the job. If they lost one of those trees, the damage would be immense. It's quite a menacing group to have hanging over your house on and embankment.

Back