The Official Work Pictures Thread

That looked like a bad tree...tough working conditions...weather and gnarly tree...good show. Tough important jobs like that get done all the time and most folks have no clue that something so potentially dangerous and technical got done. Kudos from us to y'all.

Thanks guys, I really enjoy this thread, glad to bring something to it.

802 did you sling the tree up with Xrings?

Cory, we rent cranes, anything from 23-90T. Nice to just rent any size you need from one company with a good operator. Eventually, If I get a crane I'd look into the remote control Kboom 55-65T.

The nasty I did for the neighbors, turned out it wasn't quite as punky as I expected it to be.
59d57b6f5445211fbed71d24ad465f6d.jpg

2d863287f99b897a76e3dc630d7a5815.jpg

4a9c075616c0e2be8ad72b8e1a1b47e3.jpg

2b0276c0178b564b5e819e901c3004f2.jpg

ad87e6a5fa18c825bed43ffecd11dcf0.jpg

And no clean up ;)

Like the no clean up too. Looks like those laurel oaks that died back last year are making you some money. The thin rotten tops over buildings sure makes it tricky though, nice work Joel.

Happy new year fellas. All the best for 2015.

Did this Horse Chestnut with BC earlier in the week. Job was at a public Museum and gardens in South East London. The tree over hung the animal enclosure with Lama's, cockerels, goats and sheep. Most of the tree was rigged and all but one stem and riggin point left for day two. The stump is being carved into a Ram stood on a rock. They have a couple of rare breeds in the animal enclosure. All blown down and off site by 3 the second day. Pissing rain didn't help on day 2, but that's life.

Climbed on the bulldog bone.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996048.730935.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996064.569144.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996080.992125.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996101.037856.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996121.164524.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996144.559347.jpg

Rich

BC, Bleeding / Bacterial Canker.

The tree had lost a fair bit of bark on a couple of the heavy limbs over the enclosure and fruiting bodies were present. The management decided to remove the tree before any major damage to life or property. I must admit I expected it to be a lot punkier than is was but you could see there was pretty much one way it was going to go. The site is very windy and right on top of a hill overlooking London. Not sure of the figures but the footfall is huge so they decided to remove, carve and replant.

I was just there to get it down without damage.

Cheers.

Sean insects yes, fungus not so much(my observation) unless it's on the ground then it's just gone in no time, under a year with live oak the exception.

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg Easy job from last week, well easy with the crane. Would have been a bitch without as there was no access from neighbors side and no room on our side.

Robby climbed and I ran the crane. I had very mixed feelings about not being the climber:? Pretty freakin boring sitting in a crane all day waiting for somebody to get set up..

Perfect tree removal to justify a crane. I would probably get bored as well Paul. That itch to climb and rig.. But there are times when it would feel good to take a break.
It was nice having Mike climb with and for me a few days. We traded off on a couple pines. Did some mistletoe in a couple of adjacent oaks in a small grove. Felt good not to have to push to get the work done.

I hear ya on not having to push. Im wired to push though so it is a hard transition mentally. Im sure its the right direction for the long term, I wake up each morning to my elbows and wrists aching....

Rosetta Stone or something, Paul. You could become very multi lingual. That or you'll start posting mad GIFs to the TH from the crane cab.

Funny how my crane op gets paid by the hour, but gets antsy and wants to rush. Boring sitting there doing nothing.

I would hate being a crane operator... standing and looking up (usually into the sun) all day.

Back