The Official Work Pictures Thread

I am embarrassed to say that I am not familiar with that term. Even if the log was sound all the way through it would likely be firewood the way I operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, good pic.
Isn't rot seen as gestalt?

ge·stalt
gəˈSHtält,-ˈSHtôlt/Submit
nounPSYCHOLOGY
an organized whole that is perceived as more than the sum of its parts.

Rot makes it pretty, if solid enough to be stable. Like spalting.

August, amongst treemen, you're probably the oddball to know Gestalt. I only learned about it through a previous career with hood in the woods, Gestalt Therapy. Just take it all in as a whole, or sumthin'.

Hell no, it's a lobbing lumper lopper, pretty slow.

That sucks for him. Sounds like a vibrating tendonitis-maker, wrist-ruiner. My chuck and duck isn't fancy or newish, even by a long, long, long shot, almost my age, but its F(*&ing hungry and dependable, and FAST. Cheap and light, too.

I would re-buy my chipper in a heart-beat. No less than 5000 hours on it by a longshot, as the hour meter sticks.

I'm interested in a feed-wheel chipper for the mini, but 9"x 16" throat, Chrysler 318 V8, swivel/ telescoping/ adjustable height chute, with an adjustable deflector (been meaning to attached a piece of round duct to make a neater pile or fill big rollie bins to return mulch right away). If someone is looking for a cheap chipper, that era of FMC/ Wayne seems bomber.

Most chuck and ducks as small throated and stationary chuted

That sucks for him. Sounds like a vibrating tendonitis-maker, wrist-ruiner. My chuck and duck isn't fancy or newish, even by a long, long, long shot, almost my age, but its F(*&ing hungry and dependable, and FAST. Cheap and light, too.

I would re-buy my chipper in a heart-beat. No less than 5000 hours on it by a longshot, as the hour meter sticks.

I'm interested in a feed-wheel chipper for the mini, but 9"x 16" throat, Chrysler 318 V8, swivel/ telescoping/ adjustable height chute, with an adjustable deflector (been meaning to attached a piece of round duct to make a neater pile or fill big rollie bins to return mulch right away). If someone is looking for a cheap chipper, that era of FMC/ Wayne seems bomber.

Most chuck and ducks as small throated and stationary chuted

My first was a FMC C16.....

That animal would take limbs, not branches. Wouldn't fill a truck tight as it wasn't a high rpm machine. But it was unlike any other chuck n duck. Wasn't violent, had a lot of power, and you could throw an 8" maple limb in there and the engine wouldn't even wind down.

Poderosa is not all that desirable, especially with blue staining. If I ever get a mill, I would use it in a hear beat for like barn siding or something. Two HOs are probably going to harvest that one for fire wood, or it will sit and rot in the National Forest/BLM land.

YVW Gary.

Rule of thumb here where I am is ... low elevation trees are not real desirable. That one lived at about 4200 feet. They prefer over 5000.
That one would have taken the house it was leaning toward next year collapsing under it's own weight. Even if only the top 1/2 broke out...

Made a noise.....
Stephen , I'll teach you a little trick. As your pic shows with your wedge laying on the stump. Always drive your wedge in the kerf with the barbs down onto the stump.
Double wedge , barbs top and bottom.

I saw a lot of that Ponderosa pine with pine beetle last summer in the Black Hills. Real shame....Mount Rushmore Ponderosa pines were sprayed to save them at $15 a tree average.

That was just a placed wedge Willard. It started as a needle gauge and the hard heads are what I was driving. Pull rope did most the work.
Thanks for the tip though

It looked like it did the job.................just thought I'd throw it out there about the barbs.
Haven't used Hardheads for years....too darn heavy and the caps keep breaking off.

Back