The Official Work Pictures Thread

I've been using two half hitches and a choke with a steel, frequently. Scoffold knot keeps it oriented, and come off easy enough with a keylock carbiner nose.

The bend of the rope on the biner is probably weaker than the bowline. The splice would be sleek. Sometimes, its nice to be able to remove the biner to keep out of a tight crotch.

I scaffold for those reasons, and I can't splice. Yet.

Ok. I wasn't thinking about breaking strength, I just find it so much easier to work with a spliced end, and Richard can splice:lol:

Also on a spliced rope, I don't use the carabiners with a captive eye, for the exact reason, you mention, Sean. Removeability.

image.jpg

Here's a gorgeous willow we took out yesterday and will finish the big wood today as we also did the lombardi you can barely see on the edge of the pic, otherwise we'd have taken the whole willow easily in a day. I pruned this tree about six years ago. I had posted a pic of it then and I remember Leon(Rumination) giving me a compliment on how it turned out.

Shame they had to come down but they are the prime suspects of ongoing sewer/septic issues.

Little storm work from the week.
ynegyzy4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic. Nice tractor. What size is it, and how do you like it for tree work?

Looks like it would have some grunt without being too heavy?

It's a 7040 Kubota 75 hp we like the tractor for our market we work in. It has 2700 hrs so far, and weights around 9500lb. I would love to have A300-A770 bobcat with the turf tires. The tractor works great for the money it cost verses the bobcats and wheel loaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rear mounts are sweet, but not being able to dump... quite a bummer!

Theres no need for a dump. You unload in literally 5 minutes, maybe 10 depending what you're hauling, and it can all be stacked neatly or piled high instead of a big dump trail. Plus, you can haul a trailer that holds another 70 yards of material.

Back