The Official Work Pictures Thread

Mini also moves chipper... LOL
Access is sweet. Still have terrain issues from time to time. But we are working on some of that with the jobs we are taking on. Bid the really steep jobs "I really would care not to" high and deal with it accordingly. Mini makes a good small yarder as well. Well.. with proper rigging it does ;)

Still waiting to hear about one of our friendly competition that has closed. He has a 6" self feeder I am interested in knowing more details about and purchasing from him. His wife told me he is holding onto everything for now as he is not sure he will be completely out of the game as yet. He subbed me as a climber a few times. But he never had the chipper with him. I was just a contract climber for him on a few. Material stayed on site handled by the HO on those. But he did offer it to me in a way, asking if I was interested in it if he closed shop. I told him I would be and would like to come take a look at it. Wifey said he is just taking a break to make a decision about what he wants to do.. I will be patient and keep building my credit. :D

Only one broken rafter(2x6) and a couple punctures in the roof. Amazing, to say the least. It was a single car garage that was added to.

Lit the pile at the folks house, then went and cleaned up some trees I had knocked over last Wednesday. Impressive strength on the ex, that's a ~2'+ gum stump. The former ex could have rolled it into the dump trailer, but the new one loaded it over the side without issue. Then after looking at work, I replied the fire and that wrapped today's endeavors.:lol: Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a plan to modify the thumb to remove some of the suckiness.

IMG_2669.jpg
IMG_2672.jpg
IMG_2673.jpg
IMG_2678.jpg

I'm sure at night the light could be seen, although it might be hard to discern it from a city light source (parking lot lighting maybe) without a closer look.

We are still doing storm clean-up.
We cleared about a mile of forest road today, a formerly nice stand of mixed grand fir, hemlock and Norway spruce.
Now most of it is knocked on it's ass and If they don't clean it up fast, it'll be a breeding ground for beetles.

Attachments

• P1000014.JPG
    P1000014.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 72
  • P1000018.JPG
    P1000018.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 72
  • P1000022.JPG
    P1000022.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 72
  • P1000025.JPG
    P1000025.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 70
Cool. Grapple skidder is like cheating. Everyone should have to pull a nasty ass jaggered up line skidder mainline atleast once in their life. Lol.

Our bull lines were always retired sky lines or skidding main lines, they started out jaggered!

Few from today
ahetagez.jpg

The one small snag at the ex H.O presidents house go figure.
y3yvupe6.jpg

y5a3ujez.jpg

Even golf balls flying with the course so close.
ahyzehe2.jpg

Back