The Official Work Pictures Thread

Climbed and took down two big red oaks today, both with bad bases/trunks. My daughter snapped a few pics of the second one. I was glad to get done with it. Wind howled all day. Had to rope out several limbs over the house. The trunk had several bad spots in it, one about 10' long about halfway up where a fork had ripped out years ago.

IMG_1424_zps0772927b.jpg

IMG_1429_zpsc1fd76e5.jpg

IMG_1430_zpsb12d33f8.jpg

There was at least 8' of goo under the ex according to the log I shoved down under me... Glad I got the blade of the machine on a tree/stump.

You know it's getting serious when the boom cylinder gets muddy!

Nasty, Carl.

Andrew, I respect the work you accomplish, but dang it all brother...you really should learn how to make proper felling cuts :|:.

Just picked up this 14K dump trailer on Oahu for 3500 which is kind of a steal considering I never see dumps like that on this island lucked out big time!

jp:D

Attachments

• photo copy.jpg
    photo copy.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 53
Nice just decided last minute I'm going to leave with my buddy here and go do the Georgia comp next weekend and work with the heartwood crew for a week then down to FLA for their comp and then back should be gone about 10 days all told looks like....

I am booked almost to June now... takes some finagling.. Wish I could play longer like that... Trying to get Kat and the kids along for the ride... Goats need milked and fed.. rabbits, chickens, dogs, cats... just ain't that simple any more.

That's good we're actually super busy and I probably shouldn't go right now but it is a great opportunity and I justify it as 'training' to work with other crews and hopefully learn a few things to bring back and help the business grow.... plus my girl is encouraging me so that helps.

Nice, Jon!

Nothing fancy here, just knocking out a Bay Laurel lick-a-dee split with the excavator. Really digging having it, pun intended!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HDq0zTTr4Vk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back