The Official Work Pictures Thread

I don't know how you use a saw on that long of a stick. I prefer the pruner attachment. I wonder if they make a limb grabber to steady the branch while sawing?

i thought about using two poles to prune the limb's tips (or dead wood near the tip), one is the pole saw and the other has a grab/pull hook. But operating the pole saw with only one hand would be a pain, borderline impractical. Beside the weight itself, the leverage differential between 20' pole and the 2.5" of the wrist is insane.

Duke’s saw chain held up better than Oregon.
Was till cutting fine…with the rakers low on a ported saw.
IMG_7541.jpeg
IMG_7540.jpeg

IMG_7539.jpeg

This one died since I was up there last summer. :-/ all the weight is right and it needs to go left. Between that one and a couple others, I need to just bring the man lift up there.

IMG_7532.jpeg

He wanted me to get this one but I didn’t have winch or lift today.
IMG_7533.jpeg

Virgin prune. Just dead wood for the most part. Still have one side toward the street to do. Hit 102 at 1 today so I decided a cool morning will suffice to finish. There about every month anyway.
Before 20240719_090115.jpg 20240719_090032.jpg

It's been on her list and it's a really nice Blue oak in the front yard. Stands out.
Been so busy cleaning up storm damage and trying to keep ahead of mistletoe that this one always got back burnered. Now I can just run around the house every couple of years until more die or something.

Oh man it’s so nice to be in the less hot mountains!

Pulling in today. Tonight’s project in the back ground. The stump/spar in front is 11’ across.

IMG_7708.jpeg
Hour to set up and turn it into a spar to drop in the am. 50’ lift didn’t reach to the top.

IMG_7710.jpeg
IMG_7712.jpeg
This one and a couple more tomorrow.

IMG_7709.jpeg

Maybe get to the big spreading canopy recently dead one I posted the thread about the other day. At least knock the back weight off with the lift.

It would be fun excavating that fatty and making a little alcove you could sit in. I wonder how someone would go about doing that? Could a stump grinder be setup to grind straight ahead and up? Otherwise, it would be a hell of a lot of bore cuts and chunks knocked out. I guess that's how I'd do it with the tools I have available.

It would be fun excavating that fatty and making a little alcove you could sit in. I wonder how someone would go about doing that? Could a stump grinder be setup to grind straight ahead and up? Otherwise, it would be a hell of a lot of bore cuts and chunks knocked out. I guess that's how I'd do it with the tools I have available.
99% chance it’s hollow

Back