The Official Work Pictures Thread

It would amaze me working pipeline... almost everyone on the jobsite had 4g service and were streaming music and video pretty much all the time.

I thought there was an iron clad rule no phones OTJ?

Some places. Most you have them but if you are taking pictures you're gone. It's still an amazing tool, but some places have proprietary stuff going on that they don't blasted all over social media. Just kinda depends on what you are doing and where you're working.

I had a 7 tree felling job of alder and maple, put on ground only, about half a mile from home as the crow flies.

In their back woods, where they are developing a camp site, possibly a cabin in the future.
Ran through it in a little over an hour. Pulled a dead one. Pulled a live one. Fought one maple that wouldn't let go of an alder; what i thought would be the easiest was the hardest. Had to cut it off the stump and cut the butt off about 6 times.
Banged over a backleaning alder with three wedges. Made me smile. Hanging a rope was going to be a hassle. 20220610_124032.jpg 20220610_124028.jpg 20220610_130237.jpg 20220610_124037.jpg

Gnarly!

You had quite the storm, eh?

Yes tricky job but let's face it, that is mega bucks right there. Idk, I'll go with $8k

Interesting side note. This is a buddy of mines house. He bought it last fall. First thing I told him is keep your insurance paid up ! He has multiple huge trees leaning at his house. This one came from the neighbors yard, I had already lectured him about standing in a set spot and getting a reference behind it to monitor to see if it was moving. I knew it was a threat but he has soo many. Anyways our biggest and most esteemed tree co. gave that tree a clean bill of health 4 months ago in a paid consult......

I try to ask all my customers if they have a photographic memory. The look at me funny, and generally just say 'no'. I say that I don't either. I ask if they have a photographic camera, which seems to catch them off-guard, like I'm asking if they have a tail or something.
What is this photographiccamera you speak of?

Using the same, good photo points year after year, same time of year, same kinda sky, people can have good data that they will never be able to capture retro-actively.

Back