The Official Work Pictures Thread

It takes time to be able to sprint fast. Day 1 isn't it.

Most miniskids, the height-loss on a power rotator is important. Telescopic is a different animal. Articulated loaders might also be that way. Dunno.

I agree, Looking good!

Big production, Rich. Is that the company log truck in the back ground or do you sub it out

With your steady high production, I'm curious, are you looking for new or used?

I think it’s an Apex but I’ll have to look tomorrow. I’ve only run it once so I haven’t paid much attention to it
@cory “Lightly used”. Kinda how he has been buying most of the trucks lately.

Last edited:
Went to a tall, spindly, broken forest maple today at 9.

2 leaders split off from a stump- sprout base of 5 leaders; the second broke on Thursday, coming down right next to where the homeowner was, in his music studio, only damaging 2 gutters and killing a weak Japanese maple. He saw it coming. Landed 15' to the side of the studio. I pulled the material out with the mini. Could have been bad. He said the winds were swirling the trees.

Climbed it to the top, piecing it all out to minimize the dz impact.

Almost came down, as the wind came up, but it dropped off, so i dropped the tops, and chunked it down.

Left without pics at 2p.

Got home at 230, stopping by my neighbor's to tighten my loader tracks with his 1 5/8 socket and ratchet, say hello, see what he was up to.

Three jokes in, with retired logger Charlie, retired logger Ken, and Darin, who were installing a heat pump, and Charlie noticed a gap in the Lombardi poplar crown next to his house that shouldn't have been there.
Luckily, the wind was blowing across the open hay fields ;) ...and the ganoderma- infested tree was waving in the wind, "breathing". A rind, split into the ground.

First time the 200t had been out in months, possibly last year.

Put on a show.
The tree on the right was oriented with a big, intact inclusion oriented right at the house. Stripped it out on one leader, getting a stuck throw line free, and a high TIP to swing into the cracked tree. The crack was growing. I was anxious to get some weight off.

Finished at 530.

Charlie's 14 year old grandson is going to make me some tree videos. His house is the one not getting squashed.

The three of us went to the local tavern, recently changed ownership, for dinner, and the grandson, Colton, started playing the piano.

Ladies at the bar complimented his playing, bring him $15 in tips!

He had been trying to buy a piano with his mom, but they only have $100-200 that they can scrounge up.

The new owners are renovating, and posted the piano for free, per the ladies at the bar.
We're getting Colton a free piano tomorrow after school!!
He can get it tuned with the money he has.
I wonder if you can tune a piano with an electronic tuner.

I found out I have a lot of Lombardi in my future.

Trunks from one half, the vast majority of the other Co-dom from today. More than half of the tree on the right from today, plus the biggest, on the left.

And 1.5 other big Lombardis in either side, for when I'm bored.

Not small. Not Roger Barnett- big.

Is he still a member?

20220516_135158.jpg 20220516_173118.jpg 20220516_135339.jpg 20220516_190932.jpg 20220516_190923.jpg

Last edited:
Back