The Official Work Pictures Thread

Just thought I'd show what a lazy bore cutter can do with a 20" bar.

There was one tree in the stand that was way bigger than therest.
No idea why, it didn't seem like it was old enough to belong to the previous generation in the area.
Lot of vigour is my guess.

Anyway, I had the choice between hiking all the way out to the truck for a bigger saw for that one tree or whittling it down with what I had.

Laziness won. IMG_20220324_110633.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Good effort… wildfire really ruins things quickly…. So much prescribed burning and thinning needed.
Those poor tree roots in Max’s pics, outriggers and loaders in the mud over the root zone…. Maybe it’s no big deal… I watched a bobcat do Brodie’s around a Chinese elm tree under the canopy…. four years later you’d never know. Some trees can handle root disturbance.

That is what I really miss after climate change ate our winters.

Logging big hardwoods on frozen ground.

Today you sometimed need a spade for bucking the log, they bury themselves that deep.

Please, keep your political views out of the Work Pictures thread. Thank you! Carry on.
The climate is changing, patterns are shifting, as they have been since the dawn of time. What's political is the debate around the cause and possible 'cures'.
Carry on.

Was I overreacting?
Then what category does Brian's ( as per usual) complete screaming hissy fit belong to?

Of course biting the head off of anybody who doesn't love his Orange x president is just standard practice with Brian, so no overreaction there.

When I was a young logger, 45 years ago, we had hard frost down to minus 25 Celcius in winter.
These days we hardly have frost at all.
A good example is the Redwood that a Karate student brought me from California.
The first few years it would freeze back every winter, but now it is 20 feet tall.
So obviously the climate has changed.
I completely fail to see any political intention in saying that.

Bring in more redwoods make Denmark the next California! It is changing so why not shake things up in the future. Those trees have little trees and the cycle continues. I not trying to be funny or wise just saying why not morph with the change. Who knows in a thousand years you can be attributed to the saving of a species creating costal redwood forests in Denmark,

Depressing. I get real down when I work or drive through a burn scar in a place I used to cherish for camping and such. Hell, just drive round the bend from my little green nest.

Back