The Official Work Pictures Thread

Oh yeah I live for trees like that! Brutus is drooling just thinking about it!

Looks like Brutus will be getting a new partner here soon, gotta keep uping the game

I use the Atom Splitter to break down some big silvers this summer and damn near chipped the whole tree when wood dumping was far away but chip dump was close. But I wish I had a giant chipper at my disposal.

We regularly chip full capacity, so 24", hence the need for a high capacity chip truck. Brutus is such a beast it's quicker to chip than load wood.

The only thing on my radar is another conehead 565. I don't think Brutus can be beat!!

I would like to run a bb 1900 or whatever the biggest bandit is called but Robbie ran one in Hawaii and says it's no comparison to Brutus.

B088BF78-9C6D-4187-8364-035235094F91.jpg
Went to the shop this morning to finish some stuff and the mechanic wouldn?t let me leave. Two busted plows and one push box got mangled. The one in the pic was 17 years old but dang that takes some talent to do that. I bet it shook the slush off the whole frame of the truck:X.

Rich, is that from hitting something stationary, like a curb, that is hidden in the snow?

I've only plowed a bit. I found out where there was a curb I didn't know about.

Hopefully, the guy is more careful in the future.

How was it for your boss' jobs with your rented mini? How much of your boss' company work doesn't accommodate a full-sized loader?

View attachment 83913
Went to the shop this morning to finish some stuff and the mechanic wouldn?t let me leave. Two busted plows and one push box got mangled. The one in the pic was 17 years old but dang that takes some talent to do that. I bet it shook the slush off the whole frame of the truck:X.

Your mechanic must hate everyone! Ok I get when something breaks from fatigue but that is just plain stupidity. It's a snow plow not battering ram. Wow the carnage!

Sheesh... good luck on that huge tree, Rich.

Stig: Thanks. Richard seems like he can cut pretty dang good. Who'd he learn from? :lol:

This is actually a work pic cause it took Aggie and Emma and me a bit of work to make it to this pig. This is for Corey... the new company gives us Saturdays off, man...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMTtIPq6EDQ

Big ol venerable girl.

Yeah how you likin the new spot? Good I guess but we haven't heard much.

Yup he nailed a curb but still claims he never felt a thing. You gotta catch one pretty good to do that though. Normally you?ll glance off if you just slightly catch it. The guy that did it drives like a moron all the time. The other plow just had a bent extension wing. It?s the biggest V-plow we have at 11? 2?. The wing caught a curb pulling into the lot on the far side. The push box had the entire skid loader attachment plate come off. After looking at it the welds weren?t that great and appeared to have been cracked for a while. And Raj, he strongly dislikes a majority of the employees but he also knows he has job security this way. He?s number two on payroll, just a bit behind me.

Sean most of our work is accessible with bigger equipment. Very few with tight access that require the mini. Those coupe of weeks just happened to be for someone who wanted very minimal disturbance. When I rent it to him, either me or my trainee run it. He?s pretty decent with equipment care and I trust him not to do anything stupid. Boss gets a bill payable to my company. It works out good for now.

Jed hope you?re enjoying your new job.

Job security is right with guys tearing stuff up like that, but it's great knowing somebody on staff can fix it. I wish I had a mechanic.

I'm our mechanic. Gotta say the best thing I have done is get to the point where I have backups for most everything. It used to be so stressful when something broke down. Now I just put it in the shop and order parts and keep on working with the backup! Brutus had the drum bearings go bad then one of the feed roller bearings, no biggie just grab the backup!

I seem to be the back up mechanic as well. I do fine with replacing parts (bearings,lines,pumps, etc...). It diagnosing engine issues or anything electronic that I’m lost. Part is lack of tools and software, another part is it’s not my job so I don’t take the time to learn about it as much. What’s nice is he also lives within five miles of me and will stop by to diagnose my problems for a few beers. Also another reason I help him out when ever I can.

Awesome plow carnage. Plowing tears sh-t up at times. There's just no way around it. But that whole plow bent? Wow!

Here's a better pic of my mount escapade from last week. I'm trying to find the motivation right now to start fixing it to have as a backup. Lol.

I'm thinking heat it and beat it straight. Then grind out the welds and lay a new bead in? I'm no metal worker really so if that doesn't sound like a good plan for some reason or a better way to hack it together. Let me know!

IMG_1652.jpg

Back